Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First Quilt Class EVER today - Boy, was it expensive!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-quilt-class-ever-today-boy-expensive-t26855.html)

b.zang 10-10-2009 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, I can't even find the right words to say how much fun taking the quilting class was today :D :D :D My first ever! There were four students, one great teacher and we laughed and enjoyed each other's company as well as our quilting.

AND - I learned how to paper piece :D :D :D I'm SO excited!!

The trouble with this class is that we were surrounded by quilting goodies and due to all the chitchat and encouragement, I ended up walking out with EQ6 and a CD of Triangulations. And they weren't free :roll:

Here's the block I made today. It's pretty raw, but I'm delighted to know that the process made sense and I'm eager to try more patterns.

sharon b 10-10-2009 06:35 PM

WOW ! Looks great :shock: I think your paper piecing class was better than mine :mrgreen: We just did the basic heart pattern from a Carol Doaks book. Have fun with the new software

bearisgray 10-10-2009 06:38 PM

looks good to me! Also looks like you learned a lot.

beckyw 10-10-2009 06:41 PM

You did really great. I'm sure you will do much more if you like paper piecing. I also buy to much when I go into a quilt shop or fabric store.

Chele 10-10-2009 06:43 PM

Yowzers! What a great class! I think it was worth every cent, just look at your paper piecing! It looks so pretty!

Pzazz 10-10-2009 06:44 PM

I love the bright colours!!

What part of BC are you in? I grew up in Victoria...lived in the lower mainland for a few years, Prince Rupert for 10, (all 3 kidlets born there), then back to Van. Island before moving here to Minnesota.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-10-2009 07:42 PM

I love that block!! The colors are great and it will look so cool with a few dozen of its friends sewn into a quilt.

And going to quilty places with quilty friends is like going to a bar with a drinker. Never safe for the wallet.

sharon b 10-10-2009 07:44 PM

Oh I forgot to ask what book or pattern was this from ? THANKS for sharing

b.zang 10-10-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
I love the bright colours!!

What part of BC are you in? I grew up in Victoria...lived in the lower mainland for a few years, Prince Rupert for 10, (all 3 kidlets born there), then back to Van. Island before moving here to Minnesota.

ME TOO - grew up in Victoria, I mean! Now I'm in Fraser Lake, which, if you drove to Prince Rupert, you drove right through (but ya might-a blinked and missed it).

This class was SO fun!

The full pattern - should I ever finish it - is called "Fly by Night" from July/August Quiltmaker magazine. We started with the straight strip pieces and also made the sunburst pieces, but didn't use them in making this block. These were my first curves, too. :)

Bevanger 10-11-2009 05:20 AM

fantastic :D