Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fishies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fishies-t43096.html)

dglvr 04-18-2010 07:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My husband does Bass Fishing Tournaments so to kick off the fishy season this year I made him and his fishing partner these wallhangings.

Chasing Hawk 04-18-2010 07:55 AM

Those are too cool. Did you use a stencil for the fish?

Make sure they know they are wall-hangings and not something to wipe their fishy fingers one. :)

sewsilly 04-18-2010 08:10 AM

They'll love them. Good choice!

marsye 04-18-2010 08:13 AM

sniff sniff :lol: :thumbup:

dglvr 04-18-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Make sure they know they are wall-hangings and not something to wipe their fishy fingers one. :)

Glad you like my fishies. I cheated and just traced them onto No Sew Fusibles. Usually I would machine applique but after looking at it I decided I would just cheat.
And oooooo if they use them for fishy fingers they better go fishing for several days and not come home. :mrgreen:

sewsilly 04-18-2010 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr

Glad you like my fishies. I cheated and just traced them onto No Sew Fusibles. Usually I would machine applique but after looking at it I decided I would just cheat.
And oooooo if they use them for fishy fingers they better go fishing for several days and not come home. :mrgreen:

What do you mean "cheated"? Where did you get the fish shape?

dglvr 04-18-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewsilly

Originally Posted by dglvr

What do you mean "cheated"? Where did you get the fish shape?

When I use the "No Sew" Fusible I call it cheating because I didn't applique it. When I went to the Puyallup Sewing Expo in
March I stopped at a quilt store in Puyallup and found the pattern. :thumbup:

charismah 04-18-2010 10:42 AM

Those are really great! I woudl not call it cheating..I would call it self preserving! LOL

dglvr 04-18-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
Those are really great! I woudl not call it cheating..I would call it self preserving! LOL

Thanks, I will start looking at that a bit differently. I rarely use it so when I do I just feel like I cheated. Ha. :thumbup: That is a good thing though. :thumbup:

dglvr 04-18-2010 11:03 AM

Here is a picture of the pattern front and back. She has some really nice patterns. Outdoorsy stuff. My favorite. ;-)