Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fishing In The Dark (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fishing-dark-t206844.html)

sash 11-25-2012 06:48 AM

Stunning quilt.

wolph33 11-25-2012 07:10 AM

wow-that is beautiful.I want to try this one day-not today though.

BeckySt 11-25-2012 07:54 AM

That is an awesome stack and whack and a great guy quilt, wouldnt of thought about using fish fabric, thanks for idea.

dungeonquilter 11-25-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by SonjaG (Post 5677229)
This is a beautiful quilt! I am new to quilting, so I have to ask: What is a stack and whack?

Stack and whack is where you carefully line up layers of the fabric, matching the pattern. Then you cut stips in the width you need and then triangles or diamonds. This one is 8 layers and diamonds.

ube quilting 11-25-2012 10:05 AM

This is really cool and the use of the fish border works great.
peace

busy fingers 11-25-2012 11:28 AM

Very nice. Love the fabric.

feline fanatic 11-25-2012 11:38 AM

LOVE this! That is one huge quilt too. What an awesome stack and whack that fabric made, one of the nicest I have seen. I love how you made your blocks different sizes and broke up the stars with that water looking background, probably why I find this quilt so appealing. I used some of that same fish fabric it in my brothers fish quilt as well but could only get my hands on two yards so it was relegated to a border only and mine had a dark green background. Yours turned out spectacular. Have you gifted it to your brother yet?

dungeonquilter 11-25-2012 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5678890)
LOVE this! That is one huge quilt too. What an awesome stack and whack that fabric made, one of the nicest I have seen. I love how you made your blocks different sizes and broke up the stars with that water looking background, probably why I find this quilt so appealing. I used some of that same fish fabric it in my brothers fish quilt as well but could only get my hands on two yards so it was relegated to a border only and mine had a dark green background. Yours turned out spectacular. Have you gifted it to your brother yet?

No, I have to find a way to get it to him. We don't live close. I have told him about it, and said he had to come pick it up. ;)

petpainter 11-26-2012 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5678890)

I agree! It's the sizes and placements you did that really enhance the pattern- I believe this is the best S&W I've ever seen! Kudos to you for a GREAT job done- and hoping he is able to get it soon!

lil sis 11-26-2012 05:03 AM

Very pretty, your brother will love it.