Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fist Quilt for 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fist-quilt-2013-a-t210260.html)

lue 01-14-2013 01:43 PM

I know it will be spectacular! Bon chance!

Rosyhf 01-14-2013 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by wantanaquilt (Post 5786159)
Beautiful and what detail, must took a long time. Wished I could afford to buy fabric by the bolt like on your table. Must be nice.

Oh goodness no lol. I don't have any bolt fabric. I have lots of different yardage from years of collecting and some fabric was donated to me and some I bought at a very very reasonable price from ladies who wanted to sell their fabric....I haven't bought fabric in years. I did run a quilt shop at one time for a lovely lady. I sold the shop for her and she told me to take two yards of every fabric I wanted, so that added lots to my stash lol.....

I do have lots of fabric tho and I use every bit of it when I decide to quilt.

Rosyhf 01-16-2013 09:10 AM

I finished my first square pineapple block and was astonished to find that I was confused ahahahahah...I printed out a 15.5 size from Block Base and the confusion came in with the numbering. It was numbered wrong as it didn't make a lick of sense to me.

I search all the blocks in EQ also and found one that was numbered right. When you haven't made a P block for a while, it's like learning all over again but I got it now, it all came back.

Here is a pic of the block and here is one where it will be attached. I have to make 8 of these as well and then another 8 diamonds. This quilt is take some doing.

Ok, the website is not uploading files again. I will check back later.

I am going to post to my blog. I have been neglecting it for some time.

fireworkslover 01-16-2013 11:20 AM

Wow! It's coming together. I'm amazed you are able to sew so much in a day. Doesn't your back get tired by the end of the day? I made a quilt w/ a PP pineapple block= 144 of them actually. When I finished that, I thought it'd be a long time before I tackled another one. I haven't gotten there yet. lol

Rosyhf 01-16-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover (Post 5790624)
Wow! It's coming together. I'm amazed you are able to sew so much in a day. Doesn't your back get tired by the end of the day? I made a quilt w/ a PP pineapple block= 144 of them actually. When I finished that, I thought it'd be a long time before I tackled another one. I haven't gotten there yet. lol

As I mentioned that I get up after every two strips. I also wear a back brace and all that helps. I can sew all day and not feel a thing...the trick is to get up.

wraez 01-16-2013 12:03 PM

I admire your attempt on this one, not one I would try ... you are a BRAVE woman!

Suzanne Damien 01-16-2013 12:50 PM

Looks like a lot of work, but will be beautiful when finished.:):)

SandiGrove 01-16-2013 02:50 PM

I am also in the OMG category! Fantastic!

Rosyhf 01-18-2013 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have finished 5 of the square P A Blocks, three more to go. I pinned them to the star. You can get some idea how it will look now. This is just 1/2 done so far. I layed a diamond pattern at the top right, it nestles between two squares, so you can see what comes next. I have to make eight of these, just the same like the star.

I will finish the next three sq P B and take a break before I start all over with eight more diamonds, on my, what was I thinking lol.

I realized why my pic weren't uploading. I forgot to crop them as they were too big.

Everything is just pinned for now. Just the two sections of the star are sewed together and the middle is still free.

cuppi duke 01-18-2013 12:36 PM

My word it will be gorgeous. All those tiny pieces boggles my mind. Your colors are beautiful.