Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fist Quilt for 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fist-quilt-2013-a-t210260.html)

Rosyhf 01-09-2013 01:43 PM

I got a jewel effect and that's what I wanted. Purple, red, blue and yellow dominate the block.

Blinkokr 01-09-2013 01:49 PM

That is Beautiful, Thank you for sharing, but better you than me. LOL
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

Rosyhf 01-09-2013 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished another block, they are going more smoothly now and I may be able to do two or three a day depending on my day.

karenpatrick 01-10-2013 03:32 AM

Stunning. I'm in awe of your skills. Keep it up.

sewmom 01-10-2013 06:15 AM

The picture was on the front but not in the book? I think that is false advertising! I would be so upset! That said, it is very beautiful. Looks intimidating to me, but I see you have a great start on it. Good luck and make sure you post pics of the finished quilt so we can all drool over it!

Rosyhf 01-10-2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom (Post 5775755)
The picture was on the front but not in the book? I think that is false advertising! I would be so upset! That said, it is very beautiful. Looks intimidating to me, but I see you have a great start on it. Good luck and make sure you post pics of the finished quilt so we can all drool over it!

Sewmom, It was on the inside like all the pictures of the other quilts, but one does not read to see if it's in there, one just assumes that it is and buys the book, thinking it is. I suppose they all do it, as I have run across a few and have written to them and got the same replies. I guess they can do it but I don't think it's very nice of them. I make sure now that I look for the particular quilt to see if it's in the book before I buy. I always seem to migrate to the challenge.

Rosyhf 01-10-2013 09:38 AM

Here is a dilemma, look at the two diamond blocks. The light colors are the criss cross strips. Now look at the square pineapple paper block. The shaded strips are the fairy ring and on the point joining to the diamonds. Now the criss cross strips on that block are suppose to match the criss strips cross on the diamond but as you can see, they are a ways up.

In order for them to match, the strips have to be moved down...oh lord!! don't tell me I have to redraft a special block?

I will let that slide for now until I finish the other six diamonds and maybe I will have an Epiphany. Anybody have an idea?

fireworkslover 01-10-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 5772663)
I wish I could do the pattern through the printer. The pattern is huge so it wouldn't fit. I only made one FP. I get a lot out of one FP pattern. I iron very lightly and it does make it last.

Can you divide up the pattern into sections, so it would fit into your printer? I've hand drawn patterns on tracing paper, but then you still have the paper to pick out.

kindleaddict63 01-10-2013 10:53 PM

Looking forward to seeing it completed!

dilyn 01-11-2013 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Atomicdog (Post 5767058)
I'm in the "oh my God!" category!!! How exquisite - this will be magnificent and eons beyond anything I could even THINK about doing!!!

Cindy

I totally agree with Cindy!