Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   FMQ Messenger Bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fmq-messenger-bag-t127865.html)

Sadheart 06-03-2011 06:39 PM

Awesome. Just Love it.
Great Job!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

createfourpaws 06-03-2011 06:50 PM

Beautiful work, I know I need to keep practicing to improve.

Thanks for sharing
Cindy

0tis 06-03-2011 06:51 PM

Love it....You should sell these..

MDMPanther 06-03-2011 06:55 PM

Oh my....I love it....This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Did you do the FMQ on a longarm or domestic?

Az Quilter 06-03-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther
Oh my....I love it....This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Did you do the FMQ on a longarm or domestic?

On a domestic machine.

Janet My 06-03-2011 07:03 PM

AZ Quilter... I'm not fond of bags but this one is outstanding! Beautiful! Great job!

Buzzy Bee 06-03-2011 07:14 PM

THANK YOU thank you for the incouragement...Igot a tin lizzie 18" sitdown model and I have to move the fabric to get the design but I can t stand long enough for the type that has the arms that u move following a design with the lasser light....Thank u again...so nice of you to respond so quickly... I love your design..i have been watching a lot of Leah's work....it looks so simple to watch someone else do it...

Originally Posted by Az Quilter

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!

Thank you; of course you can ask! I do a little bit of marking; on the front I marked the spine of the feather and then fill in around it. After doing the feather, I decided to go back and fill some of the feathers and also add the little circles to give it a little more interest. I've been at this (as a hobby in my spare time outside of a full-time job) for about 2 years. Believe me, my early efforts were pretty awful! I wasn't sure if I'd ever "get it" either. I kept practicing, studied a lot of videos on youtube, got several FMQ books and practiced, practiced, practiced!

So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get better too!

Wendy

Az Quilter 06-03-2011 07:25 PM

THANK YOU thank you for the incouragement...Igot a tin lizzie 18" sitdown model and I have to move the fabric to get the design but I can t stand long enough for the type that has the arms that u move following a design with the lasser light....Thank u again...so nice of you to respond so quickly... I love your design..i have been watching a lot of Leah's work....it looks so simple to watch someone else do it...

Originally Posted by Az Quilter

so nice !!!! can i ask.....did u have to mark fabric first or just sight it.....and how long did it take u to get this good !!! i m so dicouraged because i feel like i will never get rthe hang of doig it...thanks for sharing !!!!!!

Thank you; of course you can ask! I do a little bit of marking; on the front I marked the spine of the feather and then fill in around it. After doing the feather, I decided to go back and fill some of the feathers and also add the little circles to give it a little more interest. I've been at this (as a hobby in my spare time outside of a full-time job) for about 2 years. Believe me, my early efforts were pretty awful! I wasn't sure if I'd ever "get it" either. I kept practicing, studied a lot of videos on youtube, got several FMQ books and practiced, practiced, practiced!

So, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get better too!

Wendy

I've spent lots of evenings sitting and watching Leah Day's videos, then trying them myself too! And have you seen Sharon Schamber's videos? Hers are a real help to me in getting better with feathers.
:thumbup:

Crlyn 06-03-2011 07:51 PM

You have done really well with your FMQing, I love your feathers! :thumbup:

Sewfine 06-04-2011 02:00 AM

The bag is just adorable. Love to learn how to do the design.