Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Folded Fabric Cushion/Pillow!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/folded-fabric-cushion-pillow-t153832.html)

sparkys_mom 09-18-2011 02:58 AM

Beautiful cushion! What was the magazine?

tealfalcon 09-18-2011 03:10 AM

Love your pillow

blueangel 09-18-2011 03:23 AM

How neat

quiltinggirl 09-18-2011 04:07 AM

This is so unique and chic! Love it!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

GirlieWhirlie 09-18-2011 04:15 AM

Your personal fireworks show. Neat.

Izy 09-18-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie
Your personal fireworks show. Neat.

Ha Ha! Yes, it does look like fireworks doesn't it..I saw it as Japanese umbrellas, as it's an Asian fabric!

Thanks!

:-D

chickadeee55 09-18-2011 04:20 AM

That is pretty, where was the pattern from, or was it your own?

Izy 09-18-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
Beautiful. I want one. Where do you use the interfacing? Going to bookmark it.

You use the interfacing as a foundation. Draw 1" lines across it.

Cut 1.5" strips in three colours, just bigger than the width of the interfacing. I used Black for the background, and two contrasting fabrics (well three if you count the green, which I stuck in 'cos I didn't have enough of the orange :wink:).

Stitch your two contrast fabrics together down the length, iron them so rights sides out. Do as many as need to cover interfacing.

Starting from the left working towards the right - Lay one strip of your background fabric right side up, up to the first line making sure you have an overhang of 1/2" inch on the left and enough covering the top and bottom. Then lay one of the pleats whichever side up you prefer, and lay another background on top of the pleat. All raw edges should line up with the pencil line. Stitch 1/4" seam.

Open up the background fabric, and iron up and over to the next pencil line. Add the next pleat and another background, stitch 1/4" seam, iron up and over to the next pencil line....Rinse and repeat til you have done as many as you need!

Next, stitch right through the centre of the panel to secure your pleats in one direction, sewing with the flow of the pleat, I used a fancy stitch but plain stitching will do!

Next, fold each pleat edge over in the opposite direction to exposing the underside of the pleat and pin each in place.

Stitch just through the points to hold. (This row of stitching will be hidden in your seam when you complete your project.

Repeat on the other side. Trim up if need be!

Do whatever you intend to do with it!

It is so easy yet so effective I think I will be making some more of these soon!

Happy stitching.

Sorry, I can't tell you what magazine it is just yet as DH is asleep in the bedroom, I will tell you later. I think it is a Popular Patchwork, but can't be sure ;)

Bonbonary 09-18-2011 05:07 AM

That is so unusual and really cool!

bisseau 09-18-2011 05:08 AM

Wow!!