Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Followup on an old post (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/followup-old-post-t123569.html)

Grandma58 05-16-2011 07:05 PM

Wow!

OnTheGo 05-16-2011 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more pictures...the first one was made at summer camp. Each summer, the Krupscoi Children's home packs up everything including their beds and moves to the country so they can play in the fresh air.

Victoria & Olya
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198106[/ATTACH]

Jammin' Jane 05-16-2011 07:14 PM

You have a wonderful, caring daughter who gives her whole self to those children. God bless her!

OnTheGo 05-16-2011 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more pictures...the first one was made at summer camp. Each summer, the Krupscoi Children's home packs up everything including their beds and moves to the country so they can play in the fresh air.

Victoria & some of the kids at their home at summer camp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198118[/ATTACH]

OnTheGo 05-16-2011 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what's happening here. The pictures aren't posting for some reason. I didn't intend to post the same msg. twice above. Will try 1 picture next and see what happens.

Summer Camp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]198107[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 05-16-2011 07:27 PM

What an incredible story. I love your daughter and don't even know her!! :)
Thanks so much for sharing and hope to see more pics !

QweenBee 05-16-2011 07:41 PM

WHAT A FABULOUS WOMEN! You must be proud, and I'm sure they all appreciate her there too! :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for sharing your story with us!

AngieS 05-16-2011 07:47 PM

What a wonderful thing she is doing!

OnTheGo 05-16-2011 08:06 PM

Here's an excerpt from a recent email about one day/night in Austria....as promised.

I will tell you one story from the trip now that I am home safely. On the Monday that I went on the Bavarian mountain tour, the only train I could get back to the village was a late one. I got there at 9:30 pm and it was already dark and there weren’t any taxis at the train station. I walked to the Shell gas station in the dark and asked the lady to call a taxi. She didn’t speak a word of English or Russian but fortunately taxi is the same in most every language.

She called and I bought some food since I thought I was going to have a ride up “Baby Everest”. I waited and the taxi never came. She called again. Then she turned off all the lights and brought stuff in from outside and closed up and left. She said before she left that he was on his way. At least that was what I thought she said. I somehow doubted that he was. I waited a few more minutes and took off walking up the mountain.

It was straight up and I was more afraid I might fall than anything else. There was no moon or stars but they did have poorly lit street lights all the way up the mountain. It only took me about 30 minutes and I was carrying groceries. I tried to wave down a taxi on the way but I must have frightened him instead. My hips surely were sore the next day. That was the only time I walked up the hill I named “Baby Everest”.
I later found out that the taxi driver misunderstood and was at the hotel looking for me to go to the train station. Obviously something got lost in translation. It was probably him that I tried to wave down.

SandyinZ4 05-16-2011 08:15 PM

This is one of the most touching stories (non-quilting) that I have ever read on this board. What a difference your daughter is making in those tiny lives and you have to be commended for having raised such a wonderful person. We never know what our actions will bring but looks like yours, by having such a sweet and caring daughter, have made a big difference in this world. Thanks so much for sharing and look forward to hearing more stories.