Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Four New Designs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/four-new-designs-t181453.html)

clsurz 03-02-2012 08:07 PM

Four New Designs

4 Attachment(s)
I've been working on these new designs all week and out of about 12 I've created in last couple weeks I like at least 7 of them which I hope to complete putting together this year. I have printed all of them along with the templates, colored photo's, details on how to place the pieces for sewing and than get them quilted.

#1 I've named Ferris Wheels Wonderment only because when I look at it I can literally count at least 10 Ferris Wheels moving in motion.

Quilt Layout Used is Baby Block Layout; used two blocks Diamond In A Square and Log Cabin Block; I super imposed the log cabin block inside the diamond in the square. I than manipulated it all once I placed it in the baby block quilt layout and what you see here is what I got.

Some of you probably won't be able to see it but personally I can find at least ten ferris wheels moving in motion giving it sort of a 3D effect. And when I blink my eyes they all seem to be moving.

OK so call me crazy but I can see it.

#2 This one I've named Wind Beneath My Wings because I can actually see birds with wings moving about seemlessly through what appears to me as a gentle breeze moving them along and each supporting each other which reminded me of the song Wind Beneath My Wings.

I used the quilt layout Baby Block layout; along with these blocks .... Boise, Checkerboard, and Good Luck block.

Once I laid them in random motion in the baby block layout I started fractuing them to what you see here.

#3 This one I've named Blazing Mirrors because that is what it makes me think of, mirrors just floating around into a space moving seemingly through a puzzle of sorts or a maze trying to get to where it wants to go.

For this one I used the quilt layout style Variable Blocks. I placed the following blocks on the layout Flagstones, and Baton Rouge Block. I randomly placed them in each variable blocks in quilt layout and like I always do I started trying to manipulate it all to give it a geometric design of sorts.

#4 I have called this one Drifting Snow Among The Stars; another redition of what I did the other week. I think I like this one better.

clsurz 03-02-2012 08:12 PM

I hate it when this sends itself before I'm finished writing what I want to say.

Anyway this 4th one I used a Horizontal Quilt Layout along with the Pinwheel Square block, and the 25 Patch block. Here again I placed the two blocks randomly and then proceeded to break up the 25 Patch block and the results you see here is what I got.

I am going to be busy this weekend cutting out the templates for some of these so I can start making them. It will be interesting to see if it comes out according to my calculations with the designs I've created.

Foxflower 03-02-2012 08:29 PM

Wow, impressive designing. You have a lot time into those already.

joysewer 03-02-2012 08:29 PM

I see the ferris wheels!!! Great work!

Tartan 03-02-2012 08:29 PM

Amazing! I love your designs but I think my favourite in #1 Ferris Wheel Wonderment. It looks hard to do though and I can see the 3D effect. Congratulations.

Quiltsbyval 03-02-2012 08:33 PM

What program do you use to assist your designing?

mighty 03-02-2012 09:42 PM

Love your designs!!!

Painiacs 03-02-2012 10:14 PM

Wow you are very creative!!! Wonderful'. I too love the ferris wheels! I can see them going too!!

sandrabrueggeman 03-03-2012 02:48 AM

Those are great, I like all of them, very creative.

clsurz 03-03-2012 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsbyval (Post 5026595)
what program do you use to assist your designing?

eq7.........