Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fred got me a new Juki F300 yesterday!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fred-got-me-new-juki-f300-yesterday-t133190.html)

grammy6 06-26-2011 10:48 AM

:mrgreen: green with envy LOL. Whenever I mention getting a different machine I swear my husband has an anxiety attack Lol (he's young, he'll get over it) Enjoy your new machine...P.S. you mentioned your husband is the best one you ever had does that mean you have more???Just Kidding. :XD:

LeeAnn 06-26-2011 02:33 PM

Fred's a keeper! How exciting for you.

Barbm 06-26-2011 02:36 PM

That's an awesome machine! Isn't it great when our hubbies support our habits? Enjoy sewing!!

boxerlady 06-26-2011 02:58 PM

A husband that buys a sewing machine and fabric! He's definitely a keeper!

Amythyst02 06-26-2011 03:01 PM

That is too awesome, that is the exact machine I am saving for !!!!

Your hubby is definately a KEEPER!!

Ghetohound 06-26-2011 03:03 PM

Very cool and VERY sweet!!! Enjoy!!!!

BrendaY 06-26-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by grammy6
:mrgreen: green with envy LOL. Whenever I mention getting a different machine I swear my husband has an anxiety attack Lol (he's young, he'll get over it) Enjoy your new machine...P.S. you mentioned your husband is the best one you ever had does that mean you have more???Just Kidding. :XD:

Oh, that's just a joke with us. I've always told him that my next husband would have to be a chiropractor... lol

BrendaY 07-15-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
That is too awesome, that is the exact machine I am saving for !!!!

Your hubby is definately a KEEPER!!

This machine is wonderful, I know you're going to love it like I do... Straight, straight seams with the box feed dogs... It's great! Let me know when you get yours.... and tell how much you love it..

Ngeorgia 07-16-2011 06:36 AM

I haven't heard of that machine before what features made you chose it?
With the plastic on the table how do you get to the bobbin?

BrendaY 07-16-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ngeorgia
I haven't heard of that machine before what features made you chose it?
With the plastic on the table how do you get to the bobbin?

I like the straight even feed of my fabric through it best.. Juki's have what they call a "box feed" system that is constantly touching the fabric and feeding it along, so no slipping or sliding of the fabric.

To reach the drop feed button (located in the front of machine, and under the plastic cover of my table), I reach underneath the plastic, slip a specially cut piece of the insulated tabletop out, push the button to drop the feed dogs, and I'm ready to go. Takes longer to tell it than it takes to do it! My drop feed button is on the front of the machine arm...

I was plannning on buying a Pfaff machine, but after trying out the Juki at the store I really loved the way it hangs onto the fabric. My engineer husband also liked the Juki system best for my applications. Precision sewing is most important to me, since I like to make small and miniature quilts...