Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   French Roses! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/french-roses-t296680.html)

Kitsie 05-03-2018 01:06 PM

French Roses!

2 Attachment(s)
I want to thank everyone who asks about a pattern that I don't know about! Usually I feel that have to go look it up as I did with French Roses. The rustic look grabbed me and I had lots of scraps to give me the look I wanted.

After washing, the muslin background really went weird but actually it adds to the "primitive" feel! And I had felt that I did too much "echo" quilting so that to me it started to look less romantic.

I'm showing the before and after washing! So I'm very happy with it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593935[/ATTACH]

The fun comes with having to wait until its entirely assembled to be able to wash it and see how the fraying looks!

Cheshirepat 05-03-2018 01:10 PM

Very sweet! Gorgeous!!

So *tell me*! How did you deal with sewing the tight curves on layered fabric? Did you free-motion sew, starch the heck out of it? Pin like crazy?

I've put this one to the side for a short bit as my patience was not what it should have been this last week or so.

PamelaOry 05-03-2018 01:13 PM

Beautiful! I really like how it looks now that it’s washed.

coopah 05-03-2018 01:15 PM

That's just the bee's knees! I like the look of it now that it's washed. Enjoy!

ruthrings 05-03-2018 02:10 PM

It's fabulous!

Rhonda K 05-03-2018 03:08 PM

Beautiful! I love your fabrics and the colors. Your quilt looks ready to give someone a warm hug!

Yes, details please. I just ordered the pattern too.

Kitsie 05-03-2018 03:19 PM

TIPS: I thought I might have to hand sew the shapes so to that end, I took thread out of the needle, lowered the tension and "sewed" needle holes around the shapes! Then I tried to sew one. But I thought "well, there was no problem steering to make the holes so I made a sample and with the tension lowered, had no problem going around to stitch! After all the stitched lines are not supposed to be perfect or have the same width seam allowance!
Try it with the un-threaded needle first!

Go ahead and try it! Just make one flower and see that it is easily doable.

For variety when doing the pattern, flip your templates over for the next flower at random = different shapes.

Jane Quilter 05-03-2018 03:22 PM

that is fabulous. Love, Love it after it is washed.

Kitsie 05-03-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K (Post 8051935)
Beautiful! I love your fabrics and the colors. Your quilt looks ready to give someone a warm hug!

Yes, details please. I just ordered the pattern too.

A hug! Goody, That's just what I was aiming for! I used 9" squares - will use my better muslin if I was to do another! I made the border 2" wide with different length "squares" and a 2" muslin border. With all the donation and left over fabrics I have, it didn't cost me a thing! Enjoy!

nativetexan 05-03-2018 04:37 PM

do you clip the raw edges or just leave them?. it washed up nicely!