Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   frog quilt.......updated with pic page 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/frog-quilt-updated-pic-page-2-a-t10302.html)

ccbear66 08-17-2008 09:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My Aunt has embroideried frog squares for a couch size throw quilt for a 60 year old woman. She has asked me to piece it for her. She wants to alternate each frog block with a plain square and have sashing between each block. She bought some lime green fabric for the back and she wants me to use it either as the sashing or the plain squares and to pick out another fabric to use as the other. My problem is I can't decide what fabric to put with it. She said that she didn't want a print but a blender fabric would be okay. What other color should I use. Help please.

frog sqares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15179[/ATTACH]

close up of some frog squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15994[/ATTACH]

lime green blender fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15995[/ATTACH]

barbsbus 08-17-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ccbear66
My Aunt has embroideried frog squares for a couch size throw quilt for a 60 year old woman. She has asked me to piece it for her. She wants to alternate each frog block with a plain square and have sashing between each block. She bought some lime green fabric for the back and she wants me to use it either as the sashing or the plain squares and to pick out another fabric to use as the other. My problem is I can't decide what fabric to put with it. She said that she didn't want a print but a blender fabric would be okay. What other color should I use. Help please.

How about yellow. Really cute frogs.

Janeen 08-17-2008 10:50 AM

I'd use dark (dark) green for the sashing and medium green for the off-squares - lily pads and water donchaknow.....

and that other stuff for the back

or even a color of the lilies from lily pads...

CissyQuilts 08-17-2008 10:53 AM

Those are really cute! I would use dark green or yellow. Post pics when you get it done. :D

sewsewquilter 08-17-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Janeen
I'd use dark (dark) green for the sashing and medium green for the off-squares - lily pads and water donchaknow.....

and that other stuff for the back

or even a color of the lilies from lily pads...

I think I agree with Jeneen.

Calico92402 08-17-2008 11:18 AM

I'd try to talk her into having the lime green only on the backing, and use a darker green and an orange or blue. I know some quilters hate orange, but I love dark green and orange.

Moonpi 08-17-2008 12:29 PM

I'd go with the dark green, and pick colors from the blocks as corner stones.

quiltykitty 08-17-2008 12:38 PM

I like Janeen's idea

ccbear66 08-17-2008 03:36 PM

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I had thought of the med. green or yellow. I'll have to go shopping and see what I can find.
Thanks again.

Quilting Aggi 08-18-2008 03:50 AM

those frogs are just too too cute!