Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fr♥sty makes his Debut! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/frsty-makes-his-debut-t209528.html)

QuiltE 12-29-2012 08:49 AM

Fr♥sty makes his Debut!

3 Attachment(s)
Fr♥sty made a visit to my back doorstep for a photo op before attending our Christmas Day gift exchange. He was much sought after (translation = fought for!) and is now much loved in his new home! :)

No corn cob pipe, but some "straw" for his hair, "coal" eyes of a gold on black fabric with embroidered white glint, buttons for his smile. The scarf hangs freely. The snow at the base is a silver on white. For the snow at the base, I added an extra layer of poly batting to give it a more fluffy snow effect. And for a quilty touch ... GFG buttons quilted on his front!

Happy New Year, to One and All !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384605[/ATTACH]

Nikki and Co. 12-29-2012 08:53 AM

TOO cute! What a lovely and inviting entry way you have.

mighty 12-29-2012 09:52 AM

Sew cute!!!!!!!

nygal 12-29-2012 10:11 AM

He looks great!!

cjackaitlin 12-29-2012 10:20 AM

Love Frosty, great looking snowman. Thanks for sharing.

janRN 12-29-2012 10:26 AM

He looks so welcoming! I really like the GFG "buttons" down the front. I bet the giftee is very happy!

QuiltE 12-29-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5747685)
He looks so welcoming! I really like the GFG "buttons" down the front. I bet the giftee is very happy!

Oh she is indeed very happy!
Last year, her DH had the tabletopper I did, and then had it "stolen" at the last moment. I was somewhat surprised that he was so eager for it. And I was somewhat surprised that they didn't lose it this year, as there were lots after Fr♥sty. I guess that it's a sign that there were many other sought after gifts too. The "theme" was "something that I made" ... and man oh man, both years we have all discovered talents within this "adopted" family of mine that we didn't know existed!! Great Group and makes for an incredibly "warm" Christmas for me to be included!

QUILTNMO 12-29-2012 10:42 AM

he is so cute!!!!!

DogHouseMom 12-29-2012 10:53 AM

He looks fantastic. It was so worth it to miter the striped border.

So ... what did QuiltE get out of the exchange??

QuiltE 12-29-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5747732)
He looks fantastic. It was so worth it to miter the striped border.

So ... what did QuiltE get out of the exchange??

I was quite pleased .... plum pudding with two sauces! :)
There was a real range in all the offerings ... no other quilty things, but one was a sewn stuffed animal with a jar of homemade nuts and bolts (family recipe, so everyone "fights" when the N+B appear!), and a set of crocheted table mats that could be practical or totally decorative. 20 items in the exchange!