Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fulfilling my New Year's resolutions on my birthday. :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fulfilling-my-new-years-resolutions-my-birthday-t177129.html)

Happy Treadler 01-27-2012 06:51 AM

Fulfilling my New Year's resolutions on my birthday. :)

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody!

I've been pressing on and MAKING time for myself. I promised myself that I will sew more and waste less time for this new year, and continue to take risks and try new quilting techniques (without being scared!).

Yesterday was my birthday, and after working in the morning hubby took me to Lancaster (PA) for lunch & a tiny bit of shopping (we unfortunately ran out of time).

I was fortunate to find some fabric for my son's new quilt that I'm pretty happy with. He wanted something blue and chose a Bear Paw pattern (which thrilled me because I've been really anxious to try one!). I found some nice blues in Goods. I have it pinned up on my design board, and figured I'd chew on it for awhile. Surprisingly, Good's has TOTALLY been re-done and unrecognizable. Not sure if I like it yet or not. It has a new entrance (on the Shady Maple side), and everything is re-done. Lots of fabric, at decent prices.

I've also been wanting to try some freezer paper piecing out, and chose a bright and cheery pattern. Was up until midnight last night working on it and I LOVE how it turned out. All it needs now are borders & binding, and I can't wait because it will brighten up my little corner of the world. :)

Blinkokr 01-27-2012 07:03 AM

Just beautiful, great job, I just love paper piecing, thanks for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

Rosewood9 01-27-2012 07:24 AM

Love the star especially the orange with the blue

luvstoquilt 01-27-2012 07:30 AM

Beautiful work...love your colors, too.

Emma S 01-27-2012 07:39 AM

Your paper piecing is beautiful. I love your choice of colors. Congrads on your new years resolution. I really believe you can only nurture others when you care for yourself.

mary j 01-27-2012 07:44 AM

I really admire the colors you used with the Mariners compass! It really shines.

Happy Treadler 01-27-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4915706)
Your paper piecing is beautiful. I love your choice of colors. Congrads on your new years resolution. I really believe you can only nurture others when you care for yourself.

I agree we NEED to make time for ourselves. I picked really bright, fun colors so it would 'pop'. I'm typically a traditional hand quilter, so this was really fun for me. :) The pattern is a free one from Carol Doak's site.

cinnya 01-27-2012 08:10 AM

Your paper pieced star is gorgeous,kudos for you for taking time for yourself.

vondae 01-27-2012 08:13 AM

Beautiful and so are you for realizing that we really do need to do things for US. WE ARE IMPORTANT, TOO!!!! But, as most woman do we usually put our family and others 1st. So I'm thrilled you are doing something for yourself. By the way---HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY----- Celebrate being you. Congratulations on both accomplishments.

Mariposa 01-27-2012 08:16 AM

Congrats on successfully making time for yourself! A happy belated birthday to you also! Your compass is lovely!