Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fun with FMQ on an "Ugly" Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fun-fmq-%22ugly%22-quilt-t154382.html)

azwendyg 09-20-2011 07:47 AM

6 Attachment(s)
This quilt is from some "ugly", unwanted fabric I chose from our guild's stash for a charity quilt. ( I liked the fabric and thought I could do something with it.) I added the deep purple and the orange from my stash and put this together over the weekend. I like the way it turned out; kind of looks like our western sunsets! I added some FMQ done in purple and orange on my domestic machine.

It is destined to be donated to our local hospital's pediatric ward where I hope it brightens someone's day!

MellieKQuilter 09-20-2011 07:47 AM

I think it beautiful!

sparkys_mom 09-20-2011 07:51 AM

Nice FMQ and I don't see anything ugly in the fabric. :)

Glassquilt 09-20-2011 08:09 AM

I like the way your quilting follows the 'color paths'.

k3n 09-20-2011 08:10 AM

WOW - that's not a quilt - that's ART!!! :-D :-D :-D :thumbup:

And your pebbles are so ROUND! I hate you! :lol:

azwendyg 09-20-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
WOW - that's not a quilt - that's ART!!! :-D :-D :-D :thumbup:

And your pebbles are so ROUND! I hate you! :lol:

Thank you! :) I would have liked to spend more time on the quilting, but had to have it ready to take with me to guild in a couple of days.

By the way... for round pebbles, if you don't already, you might want to try to focus on the CENTER of where you want your pebble when you're quilting them. I got that tip somewhere on youtube, and it works for me! It's a mental exercise NOT to focus on the stitching line... kind of makes my head hurt a little! ;)

suebee 09-20-2011 08:16 AM

gorgeous Wendy! thats exactly what I thought - Arizona Sunset :)

Originally Posted by azwendyg
This quilt is from some "ugly", unwanted fabric I chose from our guild's stash for a charity quilt. ( I liked the fabric and thought I could do something with it.) I added the deep purple and the orange from my stash and put this together over the weekend. I like the way it turned out; kind of looks like our western sunsets! I added some FMQ done in purple and orange on my domestic machine.

It is destined to be donated to our local hospital's pediatric ward where I hope it brightens someone's day!

QuiltingKrazy 09-20-2011 08:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I love it! It does look like a sunset. I could see a black silhouette of a horse and rider done in applique. Of course I am partial to horses! Something like these

suebee 09-20-2011 08:32 AM

Oooh yeah, I like that idea, or even an off-set cactus silhoutte.
Dang it, now Im going to be on the lookout for similar fabric :)

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
I love it! It does look like a sunset. I could see a black silhouette of a horse and rider done in applique. Of course I am partial to horses! Something like these

deanneellen 09-20-2011 08:34 AM

It's really quite stunning and your quilting is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.