Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   GD's 1st quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/gds-1st-quilt-t57428.html)

Jan C 08-02-2010 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Allsion is my 1st grand daughter and 7 years old and in 1st grade. This is her 1st machine sewing project using a small collection of charm squares and m,aterial from my stash. She had to master straight line seams (we will leave 1/4 inch seams till later), ditch stitch and fancy stitches. I set the machine to "slow" so it didn't take off on her (Thank you Pfaff and Janome). We didn't want needle punctures either. She is ecastic with her 1st effort and is impatient to start on her next sewing project (duting school holidays visits). She also had to put up with her little sister (4 years) who wanted to do it as well. Her mother assures me she is urging a life long friend (Dominic, )male) to take up sewing so she will have a sewing companion

Allison's 1st quilt and machine sewing project
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90111[/ATTACH]

earlylace 08-02-2010 04:24 AM

wow, very pretty!!!!

gollytwo 08-02-2010 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jan C
Allsion is my 1st grand daughter and 7 years old and in 1st grade. This is her 1st machine sewing project using a small collection of charm squares and m,aterial from my stash. She had to master straight line seams (we will leave 1/4 inch seams till later), ditch stitch and fancy stitches. I set the machine to "slow" so it didn't take off on her (Thank you Pfaff and Janome). We didn't want needle punctures either. She is ecastic with her 1st effort and is impatient to start on her next sewing project (duting school holidays visits). She also had to put up with her little sister (4 years) who wanted to do it as well. Her mother assures me she is urging a life long friend (Dominic, )male) to take up sewing so she will have a sewing companion

what a nice first quilt and a beautiful granddaughter.

This is my GD Kate's first. She was 11, using the Jem Gold I'd given her. I quilted and bound it for her.

Kate O'Shea's 1st quilt for her baby cousin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90126[/ATTACH]

jacee kay 08-02-2010 05:13 AM

great job girls. great to have new quilters.

kacy 49 08-02-2010 05:23 AM

She did great. Her quilt is very pretty.

T-Bones mom 08-02-2010 05:43 AM

Both girls did a fantastic job. You should be so proud of them. Out of my four grand daughters I have only one who wants to quilt. She is 15 and has Aspergers and it is a challenge. We are doing more this year.

Mariposa 08-02-2010 05:55 AM

Quilting lives on in the little ones!! Neat to see them interested! :)

redquilter 08-02-2010 06:33 AM

Both girls are beautiful and they did a great job on their quilts. Congratulations girls. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

CarrieAnne 08-02-2010 06:37 AM

Both girls did a super job!!!!!!!

nannya54 08-02-2010 01:32 PM

What a great job! So pretty, just like the one who made it!