Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Good News/ BAD NEWS/ Good News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/good-news-bad-news-good-news-t3986.html)

kathy 01-16-2008 03:46 AM

:oops: we need a smilie that bows, humbly of course!
thank you all for the kind words, my mom really likes it when I tell her all my friends think she's wonderful for helping me, she's old and feeble.

Marcella 01-16-2008 11:48 AM

You are Both

***HEROES OF THE REALM***

Feathers 01-16-2008 03:49 PM

Kathy and Mom:
Congrats! You both are super quilter heros! I'm so glad you were able to save the quilt but I'm also VERY glad you shared your pain with us...it surely will prevent the rest of us from "feeling" our own pain through ignorance and the clothes dryer. Thank you for sharing.

Feathers

Feathers 01-16-2008 03:51 PM

Kathy...I don't think my last post came out quite how I meant it. I in NO WAY meant to infer you were ignorant...I meant that any of us could have used the dryer on wool the same as you did out of ignorance but now, thanks to you, we know better and won't repeat your painful mistake. Is that better???? :oops: :oops:

Feathers

kathy 01-17-2008 03:48 AM

oh Feathers, I knew what you meant silly girl!
I do hope everybody reads this and remembers that a recomendation is not always just a suggestion!

Joan 01-17-2008 06:47 AM

I'm so glad that you were able to save this beautiful quilt. What a labor of love! And, I think we will all benefit from learning from your "mistake" of using the wool batting!!!!!!!
~Joan

ksusan 01-17-2009 08:52 AM

Kathy, you and Mom did a marvelous job of unquilting and rescued a gorgeous quilt top in the process.

Every quilt has a story and this quilt has heroes!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. This was quite the learning curve for all of us :!:

Tim, it is good to see you posting once again. We missed you.
Yup, I would have cried and stomped and screamed -- had this happened to me. I also would have drawn on some of the vocabulary from my retired Navy seadog who spent most of his career with the USMC.

Piecefully yorus,
Kay Susan

k_jupiter 01-17-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Are ANY wool bats washable?

Interested to know also. I have a couple alpaca/wool blend and Alpaca/Cotton blend bats I want to use some day (on quilts meant for cold weather). I would hate to put them into a quilt and have them explode.

tim in san jose

Jaynie 01-17-2009 11:21 AM

Oh my, what a roller coaster of a story. I sincerely applaud your efforts and the quilt is absolutely beautiful. (I probably would have given up) I admire you for sticking with it and getting it "right". Hope you heal quickly from your CT surgery and can get back to quilt making soon.

beachlady 01-17-2009 11:32 AM

Missed this story until today. Your quilt is beautiful and if it had been me, ir would still be in a heap somewhere all by itself! Great job on the requilting. I bet your Dad loved it. Your lesson will be remembered by all of us! Thanks for that at least!