Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   goodwill find! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/goodwill-find-t21979.html)

boomwooshblahh 06-28-2009 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to goodwill the other day. Wasn't really expecting to get anything... just looking. Well I found both a desk for $10 that I can use for sewing (finally don't have to sew on the kitchen counter anymore, however I will have to share the desk with the new computer I'm getting) and also a purple & teal dress for $5 that I couldn't really imagine anyone actually ever wearing, but I loved the fabric... and I've been wanting to make a purple quilt for my mom. Maybe for her birthday, will probably end up being for Christmas though since her birthday is in September. I don't really know what exactly to do with the fabric though... what do y'all think?

It's a size 12, long-sleeved dress.. so I've got a decent amount of fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38680[/ATTACH]

Barbm 06-28-2009 08:07 AM

size 12- decent amount of fabric- I resemble that remark! he he.

love the fabric- I wouldn't wear the dress though. :)

That would make a cool wide border on something with golds and purples and deep greens.

Moonpi 06-28-2009 08:10 AM

Pretty, very feminine.

Debbie1 06-28-2009 08:41 AM

What great finds you found!

Mousie 06-28-2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
size 12- decent amount of fabric- I resemble that remark! he he.

love the fabric- I wouldn't wear the dress though. :)

That would make a cool wide border on something with golds and purples and deep greens.

i agree, :thumbup:

Shemjo 06-28-2009 09:42 AM

Size 12! Just a memory. But I do think you will have fun with the fabric. I bought a muumuu in a pretty blue with gold accents that I have disassembled and I LIKE IT!

kwhite 06-28-2009 09:54 AM

Great fabric. Is it all cotton? and 12??? That wouldn't cover one cheek LOL.

Ducky 06-28-2009 09:57 AM

I agree with Barb. That would make a killer outer border!!! Very luscious.

Ahhh, size 12, where have you gone? You are but a memory....

gaigai 06-28-2009 09:58 AM

Great fabric! As far as size goes, my best friend in the whole world summed it up perfectly a long time ago. When Cheryl Tiegs was at the height of her modeling career, I was reading an article that said she was 5'10" tall and weighed 110 lbs. My friend looked at me and said "Poor deformed darling"! ROFL. And now both of us would KILL to be the size we were when she said that!

boomwooshblahh 06-28-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Great fabric. Is it all cotton? and 12??? That wouldn't cover one cheek LOL.

good question! Knew I was forgetting to check something before I bought it. I just looked, and the tag says 100% rayon dry-clean only... ughh!! I guess it's better I found out now rather than after making a quilt out of it, right? I'm fairly new to quilting and don't really know all that much about fabrics, does anyone know if I'd be able to do anything with rayon fabric?