Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   got the latest two binded.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/got-latest-two-binded-t8367.html)

barnbum 06-22-2008 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The buyer of the sunflower quilt chose the gold, which I would have chosen too.

barnbum 06-22-2008 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's Basket Weave. It's for sale, but I would keep it for the back. :lol: :roll: I wanted to bind it in the outer border blue, but I didn't have enough, so I felt the scrappy look was a good 2nd choice. I like it with the binding better than without. The binding matched the back too!!

What I regret is thinking I would attempt quilting this myself--so to prevent it from getting too big, I left 3-4 squares off. RATS! I wish they were on the quilt. Ah well, too late now I'd say. :roll:

Izy 06-22-2008 01:51 PM

I said it before and I will say it again.....these are simply gorgeous, I love the black/dark blue? squares and border it really makes this design work well :D :D :D

mgshaw 06-22-2008 02:08 PM

You did a great job on the quilting!! Love the scrappy border! Did you hug the sunflower quilt before it left for its new home?

barnbum 06-22-2008 02:17 PM

Oh remember ladies--I didn't quilt these--the same woman who quilted the barn quilt and Sunny Day (I like naming my quilts :roll: ) quilted these.

That's a black center, Izy. I was hesitant to use it, but it does look good. I'd like to try that pattern with something else.

I'm happy to sell the Sunflower one. The young lady who's buying it has a guest room all in sunflowers--so it's perfect for her. And remember I spent the $$ on Mark's CW fabrics. I like to work it like that. :wink:

I have so so so many quilts here--that's why I'm selling. It's either sell or stop quilting--YIKES :!: :!: :shock: Easy decision. I've given so many away--even many to folks I've never met! My daughter says I've given enough away. :-) So--it's time to make some money off more than the Talk-About-Quilt. The $$ will go to support my horse passion. :D

I did quilt part of another barn wall hanging today! It's so much fun! I'll post it when it's totally done--binding and all. That's a gift. And there's a wedding ragged flannel to give away.... then that's it for now.

Once I start my vacation you are all going to be sick of me posting!! :lol:

barnbum 06-22-2008 03:04 PM

Woo Hoo--I just talked to the buyer and she wants a Talk-About-Quilt too--for her future babies. Yippee!! I have 5 started--so I'll finish those as soon as my darn vacation starts!! :?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Celeste 06-22-2008 03:29 PM

Yee-haa Karla! Two to one person! :mrgreen:

They are just gorgeous!

thequiltlady08 06-22-2008 04:04 PM

Love the quilting on these - very nicely done. I really like the sunflower one!!

johnette 06-22-2008 04:13 PM

Lovely girls, just lovely.

Harmony 06-22-2008 04:16 PM

We could never get sick of reading your posts (especailly if you include pics!) Do we know yet which of your "girls" is pregnant???