Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Got my new baby!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/got-my-new-baby-t63809.html)

tweetee 09-09-2010 01:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YAY!!!!

i got my new featherweight baby today that I bought on Ebay, and after a good dose of oil and grease, a change of needle and a clean out of bobbin, she sews like a DREAM. OMG they are such a smooth quiet machine arnt they?

I decided to name her Shadow...because she is black.

I think the last person who had her thought that it did not work properly, as the needle was in the wrong way, and all te tension was up the creek. But we soon fixed that!

Oh, Gosh I am so happy I got a good one..

Shadow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114016[/ATTACH]

no1jan 09-09-2010 01:44 AM

Glad you got your FW. I have one and I love it. They are a wonderful machine.

We need to see a picture of Shadow. Something for the history books and people to drool over.

Congratulations! You'll love her!

Bmanmommy 09-09-2010 01:47 AM

pictures?

tweetee 09-09-2010 02:00 AM

Was so excited to post, I forgot to put up a pic!!

There she is!

quiltmaker 09-09-2010 02:24 AM

Congratulations and Enjoy! She's a beauty.

Lacelady 09-09-2010 02:54 AM

Congratulations. I got a white one earlier in the summer, and I like her a lot too. I haven't ever seen a black one for sale with the UK/European voltage, so that's why I went for my Connie.

I know the black ones are about, because I have a friend who found one, they just seem to be harder to find.

tweetee 09-09-2010 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Congratulations. I got a white one earlier in the summer, and I like her a lot too. I haven't ever seen a black one for sale with the UK/European voltage, so that's why I went for my Connie.

I know the black ones are about, because I have a friend who found one, they just seem to be harder to find.

Yes, they may well be over there, 'i was very lucky. I got mine for a really good price, and thre was only 1 other listed on ebay when I was looking.
The white ones are quite rare here, I cant say I have ever seen one. But I agree, they are a great little machine

lynnie 09-09-2010 06:22 AM

she's a beaut!!!! i'm jealous, i love her too, good luck

tess10 09-09-2010 06:45 AM

Take good care of her. I have about 10 featherweights and love each of them. I have one 222 and that one I hope to never have to sell. I have sanded down a few (ones that were in very bad shape) re-painted, new decals, and serviced. My husband bought me a wreck for my 50th birthday and that one I painted a color changing purple and dark green with new decals. It looks amazing!!! I enjoy bringing some of the old gals back to life.

I also have a white, tan, and the 222. I have my special machines displayed in my china cabinet and many other stashed away.

tweetee 09-09-2010 02:36 PM

Wow Tess10, that is amazing!

Do they all work? I would love to see a pic of the purple one.

Would love to see your whole collection!