Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Grab-A-Scrap Lap and More Minis (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/grab-scrap-lap-more-minis-t58040.html)

MomtoBostonTerriers 08-06-2010 05:29 AM

F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.! I'm in awe. I love how you did the Grab a Scrap lap quilt and used the white fabric and a colored fabric to make the last 2 rounds for each block. Even though this is a scrappy quilt, that feature makes it look like the quilt took a lot of planning. I am soooooooooooo going to use this idea for a scrappy quilt. Thanks for the pictures.

The talent of the women on this board blows me away.

Twilliebee 08-06-2010 05:56 AM

They are great and I especially love the 'Grab a Scrap'. I looked at the link to the work in progress and I also really like the contemporary look when you had them laid out with the white borders only. I'll definitely be doing some of these, being a fellow scrap lover. It's such a nice surprise when you put things together randomly that you would never ordinarily combine and are surprised when they somehow magically work together. Thanks for the pictures and mini-tutorial!

n2scraplvr 08-06-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
What a great idea for I spy quilts. And they're sooo cute too.

Thank you soooo much, lindyline! Never thought about I spy before but you're right!!! A great idea!! :-D ;) ;)

n2scraplvr 08-06-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
They are beautiful...and I can see you love your fabrics...very colourful and vibrant. Thanks for sharing your work.

Thank you so much, earthwalker, for those nice compliments!! I especially have a love for color and am learning how to use it better. I do love all fabrics!! They were fun to do and your very welcome!!!

;) ;) :D :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

n2scraplvr 08-06-2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by rootyr
Very nice!

Thank you, rootyr!!!

;) ;) :-D

n2scraplvr 08-06-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by freezeframe03
Lots of fun projects. The scrap quilt is really fun to look through all the fabrics. Great idea for a wonderfully colorful quilt.

Thank you so much, freezeframe03!! The fun part is seeing all the different fabrics used! Gather up your most colorful fabs for a fun quilt!!

:D :D ;) ;)

Rhonda 08-06-2010 08:21 AM

Those are really great! Love your use of color. I like the way you did the borders on the chicken! I collect chickens so I am always drawn to the chickens! LOL

nativetexan 08-06-2010 08:22 AM

oh i love the charm mini's. just lovely.

kristen0112 08-06-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
This was a fun project using up scraps without paying attn. to color that I started last week. In case you missed the post, here is the link to my Grab-A-Scrap WIP:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56035-1.htm

The pieces were grabbed, sewn and then trimmed to 3/4" going around the block log cabin style. Still need to add borders that I haven't decided on yet.

The next item is Charm Mini #1. The pattern is Crossed Canoes! I just love that block!! I was thinking about it not long ago and decided to finish it. I started it 6 years ago and it's been waiting for me! Eight little blocks had been done, all PP patterns were ready so I made 8 more little blocks for a quick 4 block mini. It looks just like a Kaleidoscope block! The only difference between the two is that Crossed Canoes' center block is 4 quarter sections where K is a whole square. I just love that little Crossed Canoe block and hope you enjoy my mini! I liked it so well when I got done that I made another one, Charm Mini #2!!! Between both of them, I used 128 different fabrics. In the first mini, I used larger scale fabrics to give it an antique feel to it and I really like #1 the best. I put #2 on point and it's interesting too. I found cheater cloth in the stash and wanted to use it some way so I decided it would make a quick border for #2 mini. BTW, the pattern I did 6 yrs. ago was my own in case you wondered where I got it. I wanted it to finish at 2" blocks PP so I just drew it myself.

The last mini is a chicken panel I wanted to use up. Wow! I can't believe I did this but I had no pattern at all when I started it and just added strips and then trimmed them to 1/2" and did a pineapple method around the chicken. It worked well without a pattern and want to try this again! I have no need for hot pads, potholders or trivets so this will just be a mini for decoration purposes or a gift.

Thank you for looking and enjoying my minis! :-D

Those are great. What is the name of the charm mini #2?

MaryStoaks 08-06-2010 08:34 AM

Beautiful work. I love your scrappys. The detail and print variety is amazing.