Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   GrammyPatty7's quilted sweatshirts - 3 of them (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/grammypatty7s-quilted-sweatshirts-3-them-t58602.html)

grammypatty7 08-14-2010 05:08 PM

Thank you everyone. Andrea received her sweatshirt (the black and white one) yesterday exactly one month after her birthday to the day, sent me a photo and it fits her really beautifully and looks good on her. Yeah! I was concerned about fitting her but with her help, made it. She loved it and I think/hope she'll enjoy wearing it. With fall right around the corner in Indiana she'll soon be able to get some use out of it, that's for sure. We are going to IL and leave FL Aug. 23rd and I'm taking one with me as last year I really needed it as the evenings got cool for me since I'm 100 % Floridian now.

Hopefully some of you will brave making a sweatshirt. Patterns can be found at JoAnn's, probably quilt shops, and Nancy's Notions and other websites have several patterns to choose fun. Hopefully by Monday I'll have my granddaugthers completed and will post it so keep your eyes open for the new post which hopefully will be Monday or Tues. I still have one front to do, the sleeves and then attach the neck and bottom ribbing and it'll be finished.
Hugs
Patty

Jim's Gem 08-19-2010 04:25 PM

They are all beautiful!

grammypatty7 08-19-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
They are all beautiful!

Thank you Gayle. I'll have another photo to share soon. All I need to do is add the band at the bottom and it's done and ready for us to deliver next week.

mrspete 08-19-2010 06:50 PM

I love how a sweatshirt feels, I bet this is so comfortable. I'd love doing these, too.

Blessings, Ruth

janethagy 08-19-2010 06:54 PM

Wow!! Those are nice Love the Blue and the Black and White one best,

sewnsewer2 08-19-2010 06:54 PM

Great job! Aren't they fun to make?

grammypatty7 08-21-2010 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I love how a sweatshirt feels, I bet this is so comfortable. I'd love doing these, too.

Blessings, Ruth

They are fun to make and I really enjoy wearing mine - so much so that I have purchased 2 more that are sitting on the shelf waiting for me to get time to make them up. I want a fall one and a holiday one.

Some of my friends though don't like theirs as they fully quilted the sleeves (we live in central FL). Our rec centers are heavily air conditioned and I like to wear them there but several of the ladies commented that they were over heating in theirs and that the sleeves were too heavy and warm. You'll notice that I only did a little quilting on my sleeves and left the majority of the sleeve natural sweatshirt so it would breathe and I'm so glad I did them that way. If you live in the north, the quilted sleeves may be just fine. Just thought I'd mention that.

reach for the stars 2 08-21-2010 04:44 AM

They are all pretty

grammypatty7 08-21-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by janethagy
Wow!! Those are nice Love the Blue and the Black and White one best,

Thank you. The blue one is mine and the black and white is for a friend and it looks great on her and the fabrics in it really do pop.

grammypatty7 08-21-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Great job! Aren't they fun to make?

They sure are fun to make and wear and thank you Dawn.