Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Granddaughter's 3-day sewing spree (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/granddaughters-3-day-sewing-spree-t110165.html)

clem55 03-24-2011 05:44 AM

What a wonderful bond you two have! I have that with my granddaughter Kaelyn also, but she isnt at all interested in learning to sew anything. When she was three, she loved playing on my sewing machine, and that lasted until she was about 8, then no more. I keep hoping that 8 year old Sydney will like sewing, but her attention span is so short, I dont have much hope. It is funny that with sewing and reading being my favorite pastimes, my daughter and granddaughters aren"t interested in doing either. Your Kaelyn is a beautiful girl and she is doing lovely work. I salute you grandma!!

Jates 03-24-2011 05:45 AM

That is wonderful! She is going to be quite the quilter thanks to you and your guidance. She's a beautiful young lady. She will never forget the special times you're sharing together- Grandma's are the best!

running1 03-24-2011 05:49 AM

Impressive!! Beautiful work... beautiful girl... beautiful relationship!!

dinlauren 03-24-2011 06:16 AM

Nice job.........it's wonderful that you are teaching the next generation to quilt and sew.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-25-2011 05:07 PM

Wow, she does super duper work!!! I love seeing young people get into quilting. Makes my heart sing!!!
She's such a pretty girl, too ! :D

VickiM 03-26-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
She does beautiful work. I know what you mean with her able to sew on her own. My DGD is 13 and has been sewing for about 5 yrs. I love to sew with her and we both get things done.

It's a special time, isn't it? Got any pics of her work? Please post.

VickiM 03-26-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
Good for you for teaching her, and GREAT for her that she wants to learn! My daughter is 10, and made her first doll quilt at 8, & now she's working on an entry for a quilt show I'm hosting next year. I'm thrilled she wants to know how to sew & quilt too.

Too many 'kids' my age don't know how to sew, how will our kids ever learn if there isn't someone to teach them?

Beautiful girl, beautiful work, I hope you show her how proud we all are of both of you! :)

How about pics of her work...love seeing the younger generation's projects. I forwarded her this post so she could read the comments, but she's in Tx right now with no computer so will see it when she gets back next week. So I thank everyone for all the nice comments.

VickiM 03-26-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lpsewing
"Sew" beautiful !!

Hope you are keeping a photo album or even a scrap book of all the sewing projects & times you share together sewing.

Sure do. I take pics of the things she does and she has been keeping a journal her Auntie gave her since day one. Actually, she was reading back on it this trip & couldn't believe how far she'd come. Wonder if she'll have it still when she's my age (60's), that would be something to look back on! :lol:

VickiM 03-26-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
What a wonderful bond you two have! I have that with my granddaughter Kaelyn also, but she isnt at all interested in learning to sew anything. When she was three, she loved playing on my sewing machine, and that lasted until she was about 8, then no more. I keep hoping that 8 year old Sydney will like sewing, but her attention span is so short, I dont have much hope. It is funny that with sewing and reading being my favorite pastimes, my daughter and granddaughters aren"t interested in doing either. Your Kaelyn is a beautiful girl and she is doing lovely work. I salute you grandma!!

There's hope for your Kaelyn yet...my daughter, Shawna, finally got her interest in her early 30's...Kaelyn's Mom can't even sew on a button & has no urge to............... :lol:

LAB55 03-26-2011 06:19 PM

She has done beautiful work !! :-)