Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Grandsons very first project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/grandsons-very-first-project-t37496.html)

nursie76 02-20-2010 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Our DGS Nathaniel was here last weekend, and at one point was looking for something to do. I really wanted to finish a table runner for his mommy, but I put it aside and asked if he would like to make his mom a crazy quilt rug mat. I showed him one I had made while trying out the stitches on my new little baby Brother that hubby got me so I could still sew while my Bernina was embroidering. Well being a typical male, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to try out some new technological thing.

Here is his finished product. At first I thought he would lose interest, but other than checking out what his poppy was doing once for about 5 minutes, he stuck with it until it was finished. I did very little, except sew the front to the back and the straight stitch around the edge. He picked the materials. Funny enough, his mommy seems to like the back the best as it matches her new black bedroom suite and she uses it on the bedside table with her morning cup of tea. (Most of the fabrics on the front came from scraps left from the apron I made her for Christmas.

He told his mommy "I got to use baby Brother!" and has informed her he wants to make more! I am so proud of him. I think we might try a pillow case next.

Sorry the pics aren't very good, the lighting wasn't the best at my daughters tonight. :shock:

Nathaniel and his project
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15008[/ATTACH]

Close up of Mug Mat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15009[/ATTACH]

Back of mug mat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15010[/ATTACH]

Teacup 02-20-2010 04:46 PM

What a great first project! Good for him! Good for you for helping him!

Grandma Cindy 02-20-2010 04:59 PM

How blessed you are that you are close to each other, great job...

rootyr 02-20-2010 05:01 PM

Nathaniel, that is awesome!

nursie76 02-20-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
How blessed you are that you are close to each other, great job...

Thanks, he is very special. I was with my DD at the hospital for 3 days waiting for him, and then in the OR when he was born by c-section. I was the first one to hold him in my arms. (beside the doctor of course :D ). He will be 11 in August. Wow...that must mean I am 11 years older too :?

Sharon M 02-20-2010 05:07 PM

what a cutie he is! He did great :thumbup: Watch out you guys on here make room another budding quilter coming up.

MollieSue 02-20-2010 05:18 PM

Wow!! :) Good for him - that's really good!! I love it!!
:) :)

sewnsewer2 02-20-2010 06:47 PM

He did a GREAT job! And so striaght in his stitching too!

Pickles 02-20-2010 06:52 PM

:thumbup: He did a fantastic job, way to go.

ToucanSam 02-20-2010 06:53 PM

He did a great job, and what a cutie! You're very blessed!