Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The gray quilt is together--but it's only good from a great distance. Rats! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/gray-quilt-together-but-its-only-good-great-distance-rats-t63343.html)

barnbum 09-06-2010 08:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Dang--I am so careful about cutting and trimming, but there were all sorts of places where seams didn't line up and points were cut off in this top. I've done patterns before with triangles and things lined up well. Sigh... not one I'd ever sell for sure. I still like it, but will pass by patterns with triangles for a while. The next three planned are all squares and strips, thank goodness. :|

I had planned on two borders--and mapped it out on EQ6, but decided I didn't want it bigger. The binding will be scrappy of the dark fabrics.

I ironed all seams as they were sewed, but forgot to press the last one. :roll:

Looks good from here--up on a chair!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112428[/ATTACH]

Bah!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112429[/ATTACH]

But upon closer inspection... there's even a pucker in an attempt to line seams up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112430[/ATTACH]

Just need to get farther back....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112431[/ATTACH]

burnsk 09-06-2010 08:36 AM

I love your quilt and the colors. When it's quilted it will be fine. I understand your frustration, but we are our own worse critics. My quilting buddies are always laughing at me because the first thing I do is point out my mistakes. I'm always told, "If I were riding by on a horse I'd never see it". It's becoming my mantra LOL

lynnie 09-06-2010 08:38 AM

don't be so critical, someone would love that, i would. when you give a gift, people aren't as critical as we can be, we know it's there, and complaine about it. as a gift, someone would be thrilled to have something yu spentall those hourse making just for them

jacee kay 09-06-2010 08:40 AM

I'ts a very pretty quilt. no quilt police will be inspecting.

Colbaltjars62 09-06-2010 08:42 AM

Barnbum I think it looks fine. I like it as is.
Only one makes things perfect and he's not talking.
If your putting it in a show to be judged then by all means fix it. But if it is for someone, the differences give it character. We all learn as we go, so imperfections make it more precious to us.
You did a nice job.
Hope this helps. :lol:
Faith
:XD:

kathy 09-06-2010 08:42 AM

I know EXACTLY what you mean, I thought I was pretty good, just finished one with lots of triangles, big and small, each small block looked pretty good but when I started putting them together to make big blocks :oops: I just don't know what happened, but I'm like you "it's good enough for me" (I have several personal quilts!)

MamaBear61 09-06-2010 08:42 AM

I think it looks very nice. So what, a couple of missing points, it happens.

colleen53 09-06-2010 08:43 AM

it's very pretty.. i doubt most would even know that points were suppose to line up !!

quiltluvr 09-06-2010 08:44 AM

Even tho' you know all the little mismatches, it's made with love and love covers over everything. Great job!!

pojo 09-06-2010 08:48 AM

I think it is pretty you can send it my way I would be proud to own it.

Remember life isn't perfect and so your quilts shouldn't be either.

Use it and enjoy it life is too short too!