Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Halloween fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/halloween-fabrics-t141663.html)

np3 07-31-2011 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by booklady
I've been going through my stash to sell some items at a garage sale and have come across a lot of Halloween. Thinking of making some bags for Trick 'r treaters. Can use them as prizes at school for various events.

Great idea! I have been making a drawstring tote that you can make in various sizes and I am going to use my fabrics for that.

np3 07-31-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
Okay. I love halloween and have lots of scraps. here's what I'm doing with them. I am not buying any more untill
H-stash is gone.

This pattern is in the book "Big- Block Quilts by Magic" authored by Nancy Johnson Srebro. I make alot of these for gifts. They are quick, easy and make a nice wall hanging for any season.
peace

i like this idea too! I have been picking up a lot of fall colors and oranges to make scrappy pumpkins with. Didn't take pictures of those!

cmagee84 07-31-2011 02:24 PM

Weeeellll, considering that JoAnn's has their Halloween fabric on sale, you could use some more of the novelty type perhaps. Definitely worth a trip if one is in your area!! :)

moonwork42029 07-31-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by np3

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I am soooo the wrong person to answer this :)

Because you like them or hate them? :lol:

Because I love the bright Halloween fabrics...not that I have used many of the them but I do have several on hand "just in case".... I'm a sucker for them at times.

I know you're trying to relieve some the strain on your house walls by reducing your stash but I haven't had to start that 12 step program quite yet.

So your answer is NO...you don't need any more (but dang you might still want it)

np3 07-31-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
Weeeellll, considering that JoAnn's has their Halloween fabric on sale, you could use some more of the novelty type perhaps. Definitely worth a trip if one is in your area!! :)

Yes, there is one close. Not looking..........

moonwork42029 07-31-2011 02:26 PM

Okay. I love halloween and have lots of scraps. here's what I'm doing with them. I am not buying any more untill
H-stash is gone.

This pattern is in the book "Big- Block Quilts by Magic" authored by Nancy Johnson Srebro. I make alot of these for gifts. They are quick, easy and make a nice wall hanging for any season.

Your fabric would be lovely in this pattern.
peace

That is so dang cute! Love how the one branch has a kitty peeking out of the tree.

np3 07-31-2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by np3

I am soooo the wrong person to answer this :)

Because you like them or hate them? :lol:

Because I love the bright Halloween fabrics...not that I have used many of the them but I do have several on hand "just in case".... I'm a sucker for them at times.

I know you're trying to relieve some the strain on your house walls by reducing your stash but I haven't had to start that 12 step program quite yet.

So your answer is NO...you don't need any more (but dang you might still want it)

:roll: Want is the word alright!

np3 07-31-2011 02:28 PM

H-stash is gone.

Your fabric would be lovely in this pattern.
peace

That is so dang cute! Love how the one branch has a kitty peeking out of the tree.

:shock: had to go back and find the kitty!

GagaSmith 07-31-2011 02:28 PM

I love what you have. My only suggestion, if you do want more fabeic, would be to add a purple to the bunch. Nice fabrics.

np3 07-31-2011 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I love what you have. My only suggestion, if you do want more fabeic, would be to add a purple to the bunch. Nice fabrics.

These is just that touch of purple in them. That's a good idea. I'll need that in the mix....