Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Happy Daisies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/happy-daisies-t58236.html)

Happy Tails 01-25-2011 05:57 AM

God love ya, thanks so much for answering so quickly. I know you will snicker to yourself (glad I could make u smile) but is the satin stitch a regular stitch or a zigzag one Also, did you use invisible thread or each color Thanks again Wendy

My sister asked me how much to make one for her mother in law, I said $100.00...I`m pretty sure that`s low, so just in case they want more done, what price would you quote. This is a lap size.

Happy Tails 01-25-2011 06:54 AM

One more question.....has anybody ever put this quilt together with the quilt as you go method I think I might try it Thanks again

Marge L. 01-25-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
One more question.....has anybody ever put this quilt together with the quilt as you go method I think I might try it Thanks again

Yes, the satin stitch is the zigzag stitch but the stitches are very close together. No, I do not use invisible thread. I use a color to match the fabric I am using. As to price on making one for others, I don't feel I can say. There are too many variables involved. Quilt as you go method----it could be done. Never thought of that and have never done it myself. Have fun. Marge

Happy Tails 01-26-2011 10:05 AM

By the time I get this quilt finished, I'm very much afraid you guys will be exhausted from all my questions, lol I have all my blocks completed with the daisys in place, it's like I'm afraid to go any further :( I have brought up every picture of all the daisy quilts done by everybody here, but I can't even see the stitches around each petal etc. When I practise on a scrap piece going around the petals, you can see every single hole, I've tried invisible, I tried the colors, and you can see everything. Am I suppose to have the quilt put together before I stitch? Oh lord help me, I'm ready to take up TV watching. Today is my day off and I wanted to get so much done, but haven't been able to do a thing.

cbridges22 06-10-2011 05:23 PM

So pretty.

allie1448 06-10-2011 06:02 PM

I have found that for me it is easier to use the blanket stitch around all of the applique as that seems a little easier to control and there is not so much thread build up around the petals. Not sure if this helps you but I do hope so.

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
By the time I get this quilt finished, I'm very much afraid you guys will be exhausted from all my questions, lol I have all my blocks completed with the daisys in place, it's like I'm afraid to go any further :( I have brought up every picture of all the daisy quilts done by everybody here, but I can't even see the stitches around each petal etc. When I practise on a scrap piece going around the petals, you can see every single hole, I've tried invisible, I tried the colors, and you can see everything. Am I suppose to have the quilt put together before I stitch? Oh lord help me, I'm ready to take up TV watching. Today is my day off and I wanted to get so much done, but haven't been able to do a thing.

Grandma58 06-10-2011 06:28 PM

That is an incredible quilt!

AnnT 06-17-2011 11:06 AM

Love this quilt!

CabinQuilterz 06-17-2011 01:50 PM

This is it! I have been searching for some inspiration for a summer project...Amazing work ~ Thanks for sharing!!!

rebeccai 06-17-2011 02:01 PM

I absolutely love this quilt! As soon as I get a little more experience under my sewing machine (lol) I plan on making one of these. :thumbup: