Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Happy Daisies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/happy-daisies-t58236.html)

Beeboop71 03-04-2013 11:14 AM

One of the prettiest quilts I have seen! Thanks for sharing!

debbiecharlie 03-04-2013 11:51 AM

I have that one copied as well to do in the future.....(Hopefully!!!) And I'm with you, if I can't copy it, I'm a lost goose!!!! Thanks for sharing! One of my favorites!!!

Stephsgotit 04-09-2013 07:54 AM

beautiful, happy and fun! love it!!

paintmejudy 04-09-2013 08:54 AM

Right after Kathyaire made her first posting of this, I made one, and have made many more for the charity I sew for, for abused and seriously ill children. Hope some little girls love there quilts! They are such fun to make.

Lilrain 04-09-2013 10:27 AM

They are Happy Daisies, indeed

Penny Streeter 04-09-2013 01:48 PM

Hello Kathy

Hello Kathy,
I am a quilt instructor seeking permission to use the photo of your Happy Daisy quilt to promote a class that I will be teaching of this pattern. I have developed a pattern for this quilt and have named it "Danceing Daisy's" I would only use your photo until I can make my own quilt sample.
Thank you
Penny Havens Streeter

Originally Posted by KathyAire (Post 1408197)
Happy Daisies is not my pattern or design. I saw a picture of a quilt like this and I thought it was the happiest quilt I ever saw. It was on another quilting forum. I asked the person that posted the picture about the pattern. She said it was a customer's quilt and would ask about it. When she questioned the piecer she was told the piecer was not the designer and didn't know where it came from. No one seemed to know.

I copied it and named it 'Happy Daisies'. I played around with paper until I got the size petals and stems that I wanted. Then I made a template. The blocks are 13" square and then cut in half and sewed together, then squared to 12 1/2". I copy lots of things I see, unless it specifically says don't copy it. If that's not okay, then I'm a dead duck. I do not have a creative mind. Even though I don't know where it came from originally, I do remember my mom making a daisy quilt about 50 years ago. She didn't use the positive/negative color scheme, just the daisy petals. That's probably why I like this quilt so much, it reminds me of her.

Happy Daisies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92988[/ATTACH]

Ruby the Quilter 04-09-2013 02:29 PM

Love that pattern - on my to do list- that gets longer every time I look at this site!

BrendaK 04-09-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by grammyp (Post 1408210)
Oh, now that is a happy quilt. I completely understand why you liked it.

Ditto. Super quilt. BrendaK

Debbie B 04-09-2013 02:52 PM

I remember seeing a quilt like this posted here a while ago. I thought it was so pretty. You did a wonderful job and your colors are bright & cheerful. Did you machine or hand applique?

fred singer 04-09-2013 02:56 PM

that is fantastic