Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Have a look at my Great Nephew on his first birthday with his crumb quilt I made for him!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/have-look-my-great-nephew-his-first-birthday-his-crumb-quilt-i-made-him-t9059.html)

barnbum 07-15-2008 04:26 AM

What a fantastic photo!! :D :D

Izy--did you quilt as you go on there--it looks delightfully puffy. :wink:

Izy 07-15-2008 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
What a fantastic photo!! :D :D

Izy--did you quilt as you go on there--it looks delightfully puffy. :wink:

No Karla, I actually used a 4.5 tog summer weight duvet, as I had it to hand (new), it is 'puffier' andit worked well but did make the quilting by machine abit hard going, I just stitched in the ditch all the sashing and selected a shape in the centre of each block to highlight.!!

Glad you like it, I think Kaden does - bless him, I just found out that he is to have a new baby brother or sister next year, so I am hoping for a little sister so I can do a girly quilt!! :D

Bevanger 07-15-2008 05:42 AM

Awwwwwwww the baby is precious. Love the quilt. He looks so happy with it.

Celeste 07-15-2008 02:02 PM

Izzy said;[/quote] I just found out that he is to have a new baby brother or sister next year, so I am hoping for a little sister so I can do a girly quilt!! :D [/quote]

Congratulations!

mgshaw 07-15-2008 02:14 PM

So Izy did you have a good visit with the Family while they were there? Are you still resting up from the visit?
Oh and love little Kaden and his quilt!

Izy 07-16-2008 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
So Izy did you have a good visit with the Family while they were there? Are you still resting up from the visit?

We had a LOVELY time thanks, but oh was it tiring, I tend to run around after everyone, but the hardest part was sharing the kitchen, I am better if you leave me at it...BUT I have no problem vacating it afterwards and leaving all the tidying up to the guests lol!! I had to feel sorry for John as he was the only male in a house with 4 women!!!! No wonder he went out playing golf tee hee!!

I have spent the last week getting the house back in order and resting up, but not for long as we are renting the villa out as from 27th July so we are busy busy busy getting our things sorted for a little vacation down by the sea, not far from Elle !!

Kaden is cute isn't he!! :D

mfre42day 07-17-2008 09:15 AM

He is adorable!! The quilt is gorgeous, but can someone tell me why it is called a crumb quilt?
I have a grandson named Caden!

Izy 07-17-2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mfre42day
He is adorable!! The quilt is gorgeous, but can someone tell me why it is called a crumb quilt?
I have a grandson named Caden!

Hi there, glad you enjoyed seeing the 'crumb' quilt and my Nephew Kaden, same name different spelling!!

Its just a term to describe the fact that you are using up scraps of fabric or 'crumbs' of fabrics, just the same as a 'crazy' quilt really!! :D

Here is a link to a tutorial I made whilst making this:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/6951.page

Its really easy to do and lots of fun, I have just finished another 98 blocks to make a double sized quilt for my son and his girlfriend!! :D

Butterflyspain 07-17-2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by mgshaw

We had a LOVELY time thanks, but oh was it tiring, I tend to run around after everyone, but the hardest part was sharing the kitchen, I am better if you leave me at it...BUT I have no problem vacating it afterwards and leaving all the tidying up to the guests lol!! I had to feel sorry for John as he was the only male in a house with 4 women!!!! No wonder he went out playing golf tee hee!!

I have spent the last week getting the house back in order and resting up, but not for long as we are renting the villa out as from 27th July so we are busy busy busy getting our things sorted for a little vacation down by the sea, not far from Elle !!

Kaden is cute isn't he!! :D

Oh that will be nice, having you as a neighbour and you can hitch a lift when you want honey. Elle

mfre42day 07-17-2008 10:55 PM

I love it, thanx so much for the tutorial! Do I have to wait to have scraps??? I don't want to I want to just make squares now :lol: