Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   having a meltdown (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/having-meltdown-t82827.html)

barefoot quilter 12-14-2010 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
has this happened to any one, i am in the middle of making my mom's memory quilt when i had to move my sewing room to my bedroom, so i made sure that i put every thing away were i could find them, when i got back to do her quilt every thing was missing my squares and all of the names w/ birthdates that were on the paper, i had everything together and are all gone, i looked every were and no sign of them, so now my mom's quit is on the back burner till my family gets back to me with names and dates, my mom keeps asking if it is done yet and i have to tell her not yet, i am so fustrated i just can't i just don't know what to do for her on christmas now.
sorry i had to vent or i was going to burst...

this is how far i am with it i still have all the grand kids and gg kids to put on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143303[/ATTACH]

Izaquilter 12-14-2010 01:55 PM

No that hasn't actually happened to me butttt when i did move my sewing room, I found I was more UNorganized than I was organized! I could find anything I was looking for in my 'mess' but even up until now I still have problems finding things I'm looking for. Good luck finding it. I know how terrible it must feel

morelcabin 12-14-2010 02:22 PM

Ohhh, but when it is done it is going to be amazing!

p38flygirl 12-14-2010 02:27 PM

Take a deep breath...everything will turn up...It has to be there...I can understand the frustation.....been ther ,done that...

grammiepamie 12-14-2010 02:29 PM

Get a hot cup of tea. a chai tea would be excellent. Sit down, get comfortable, take a nice sip of your tea. Takke a couple of cleansing breaths. In thru the nose, out through the mouth. Now while you are relaxed and your body is less tense pcture in your head the day when you you started to move your room. Just keep playing the pictures in your head. You will remember where you put them. Works for me everytime I loose something.

cmagee84 12-14-2010 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
Get a hot cup of tea. a chai tea would be excellent. Sit down, get comfortable, take a nice sip of your tea. Takke a couple of cleansing breaths. In thru the nose, out through the mouth. Now while you are relaxed and your body is less tense pcture in your head the day when you you started to move your room. Just keep playing the pictures in your head. You will remember where you put them. Works for me everytime I loose something.

Ooohh, I love your idea of relaxing and remembering! :) Think I will try it before I start a new project, when I am in the middle of a project, when I finish a project...LOL...you get the idea.

Yvonne 12-14-2010 03:35 PM

Been there!
My sister and I call each other now and say, "I'm putting such and thus here and when I can't find it you're in charge of telling me where it is!" :lol:
All of your pieces will show up the minute you've made new ones. That's a given. I hope you find them sooner than later.
I will be looking to see you finished quilt. Meanwhile, it's looking very nice.

CoyoteQuilts 12-15-2010 03:57 AM

Oh my! This sounds like me! I do it more at work with papers than anything. It is a running joke----Sharon has lost her papers again! I just have to retrace where I was and look in the other papers I have been playing with. It is so frustrating and time consuming!

Like others have said--the minute you replace everything the first ones will turn up.

Beautiful quilt!

deltadawn 12-15-2010 08:13 AM

Very frustrating. Keep your chin up though.

barefoot quilter 12-15-2010 01:01 PM

thanks everyone i will keep my head up and try my best to find all the parts to mom's quilt here's hoping i do.