Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Hawaiian breadfruit applique pillow completed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hawaiian-breadfruit-applique-pillow-completed-t203671.html)

tealfalcon 10-19-2012 12:54 PM

Hawaiian breadfruit applique pillow completed

4 Attachment(s)
I posted pictures of the wip yesterday of this and today its completed...i started this wed...picked out a few rows of stitches yesterday, completed the quilting last night, made the piping today and completed the pillow this afternoon...not so bad considering i have 6 young kids keeping me busy all the time . The third picture is of the back of the block to show the quilting before i put the pillow together
Mahalo

Grandma Bonnie 10-19-2012 01:11 PM

Beautiful! Your quilting is awesome & I love the fabric for the back also! Great job!

raynhamquilter 10-19-2012 01:28 PM

Love love love it! The stitching is great--glad you took some out, shows it off much better.

cjackaitlin 10-19-2012 01:30 PM

Awesome job, can't wait to see your full size quilt in the furture. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us.

jtquilts 10-19-2012 01:35 PM

Let's see, I am drawn to Hawaiian applique, I love batik's, I love hand quilting . . . . . . I guess that means your pillow gets 3 thumbs up from me! I do like your work and the back fabric is perfect!

MTS 10-19-2012 01:43 PM

Wow, it's beautiful.
And the back fabric is terrific - what a colorful design!

So that's 1/2" spacing on the echo quilting, right?

I didn't know that was a rule or guideline.
If I ever do hand quilting, I just saved myself a LOT of stitching
I thought it was going to look very sparse after you said you were pulling some of the stitches out,
but it still looks really dense (my preference) to me.
Good to know.
Lesson learned.
Thanks!

tealfalcon 10-19-2012 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by MTS (Post 5597546)
Wow, it's beautiful.
And the back fabric is terrific - what a colorful design!

So that's 1/2" spacing on the echo quilting, right?

I didn't know that was a rule or guideline.
If I ever do hand quilting, I just save myself a LOT of stitching
I thought it was going to look very sparse after you said you were pulling some of the stitches out,
but it still looks really dense (my preference) to me.
Good to know.
Lesson learned.
Thanks!

yes i ended up taking out 4 rows...they were 1/4 apart..really close...they i just used my pinkie finger and they are now about 1/2 spaced. I know i like dense quilting thats why i orig had them so close but when others said the traditional is 1/2 to 1 inch i had to take it out and do it right but i am very pleased with the outcome

QuiltnNan 10-19-2012 02:23 PM

what a wonderful job you did on this!

CarolinePaj 10-19-2012 02:47 PM

Ohh... how pretty and your quilting is lovely!

Hugs

Caroline

dunngriffith 10-19-2012 03:18 PM

I love it. You did a beautiful job.