Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Heartsong....Guess what....Finally Finished!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/heartsong-guess-what-finally-finished-t16909.html)

barnbum 06-03-2009 05:17 PM

That is just one awesome quilt--great to see it again!! :D

JoanneS 06-03-2009 05:45 PM

I didn't see it the first time around - BEAUTIFUL!

Harmony 06-03-2009 09:30 PM

OUTSTANDING!

Feathers 06-04-2009 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by Angie
AMAZING! No wonder DH wants to claim it........... I hope he gives you something good in return! :mrgreen:

Angie...He gives me good stuff all the time...so I guess we might be "even" :lol:

Nana, thank you.. DH likes the borders too...not too flowery for him.

Bettia, Well..."woolin'" would be a southern kind of thing maybe...I'm from TN and know what it means and DH is from AR. It would be easy to personalize it for anyone..I just picked the pinwheels because I like them and of course I love the Ohio star type blocks, but really anything could be plugged in. I think you need to keep the FG though....(someone else should spend a month solid making them like I did!! :wink: )

I HATED making Flying Geese until I found the new quick way to do them by Ricky Tims . He had a video clip of how to make them but after I wrote out the directions I didn't save the website. I'll post the Flying Geese. Ricky Tims calls them 1 Seam Flying Geese. OUR OWN BOARD MEMBER, "SONDRAY" WROTE OUT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ONE SEAM FG ON JULY 6, 2008. This technique is called One Seam Flying Geese Block ENGLISH Method. I'll post the pictures I took of my instructions under Pictures THREAD if anyone is interested.

Bettia 06-04-2009 05:24 AM

I think one would be a waste of fabric.

What were you thinking?

Angie 06-04-2009 05:55 AM

I HATED making Flying Geese until I found the new quick way to do them by Ricky Tims . He had a video clip of how to make them but after I wrote out the directions I didn't save the website. I'll post the Flying Geese. Ricky Tims calls them 1 Seam Flying Geese. OUR OWN BOARD MEMBER, "SONDRAY" WROTE OUT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ONE SEAM FG ON JULY 6, 2008. This technique is called One Seam Flying Geese Block ENGLISH Method. I'll post the pictures I took of my instructions under Pictures THREAD if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I'm interested in the instructions and will check it out. Thanks :!:

Bettia 06-04-2009 07:23 AM

Hey Patti,
I just thought it was funny to hear some one else use that word.

I have been drawing up some ideas and will use the hearts and flying geese for sure. Possibly butterflies or dragonfly fabrics. Maybe by the time I cut out all of the flying geese I will know what I will do on the rest of the quilt.

krabadan 06-04-2009 09:41 AM

It's a beauty!

sandpat 06-04-2009 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bettia
Hey Patti,
I just thought it was funny to hear some one else use that word.

I have been drawing up some ideas and will use the hearts and flying geese for sure. Possibly butterflies or dragonfly fabrics. Maybe by the time I cut out all of the flying geese I will know what I will do on the rest of the quilt.

I PP'd my geese and I'm actually really glad I did. Every point is perfect. It did take me awhile, but I would do some strips of FG..then work on something else to get a break. They aren't hard.. there are just lots of them because I made mine small. You could easily go bigger :lol:

GrayFeathers 06-04-2009 11:05 AM

Beautiful work !!!!!! :!: