Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   help with border (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-border-t59370.html)

Ditter43 08-14-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I like the yellow then the dark border. I think it sets off your pieced border better.

this is my vote too!

annieshane 08-14-2010 10:35 AM

I totally agree with the narrow yellow border then wider dark border. This is beautiful quilt.

Halo 08-14-2010 11:15 AM

I would go with the yellow & then the black, but that is me. You should do what you like best. Another thought is if you have more of the strip, then try the yellow, the strip & then the black. That would make it look like it is double framed.

thimblebug6000 08-14-2010 11:20 AM

I would do a narrow gold & then bind in the black (unless you need wider to increase size of quilt). Using just the black border kind of made it "moosh" into the pieced squares.

IngeMK 08-14-2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
I would do a narrow gold & then bind in the black (unless you need wider to increase size of quilt). Using just the black border kind of made it "moosh" into the pieced squares.

I agree with the Moosh--- what about just narrow gold and bind it in gold? I'm so confused :roll: LOL
my backing will most likely be a gold paisley since I can't find any repro style fabric locally.

pittsburgpam 08-14-2010 11:30 AM

That's a beautiful quilt. I like the dark that matches the outer row of dark squares. Like someone else said, it would basically disappear and the other on-point squares would look to be the edge. The on-point squares take the shape of larger squares all around the edge instead of emphasizing the "points", if you know what I mean. They would also look like the centers of the blocks in the quilt.

sidmona 08-14-2010 11:35 AM

Love the quilt - I vote for the yellow border than the dark with dark binding.

mzsooz 08-14-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bailey
Love your quilt. My vote would be to just add the dark and bind with the dark also. With only the dark added your edge would seem to float.

My thoughts exactly!
:thumbup:

littlehud 08-14-2010 07:33 PM

That is a beautiful quilt. I love the narrow yellow and the wider black. Great job. Let us know what you decide.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-14-2010 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
First of all, your quilt is lovely. I really like the idea of a thin strip of the gold then a wider border of the dark and bound in dark. Your pieced inner border is so pretty it deserves to be framed and seeing as you already have a thin gold on the inside I think framing it with another thin strip of the gold would look fantastic. It wouldn't distract from all your hard work in the body of the quilt but will help to draw the eye to all your hard work in the pieced inner border. Then rounded all out with a dark wider bit.

Totally agree here!! Your quilt is gorgeous!!! :thumbup: