Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Here's the garden work I've done this week & my Irises are starting!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/heres-garden-work-ive-done-week-my-irises-starting-t6542.html)

sandpat 04-26-2008 02:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've been busy this week trying to get all the flower beds and the veggie garden under control before we go back to the hospital...its been a busy week :D

The weather has been perfect and everything is coming up and starting to bloom...my favorite time of the year and I just thought I'd share..here you go...hope you enjoy.

One of our favorites
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7084[/ATTACH]

Another favorite
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7142[/ATTACH]

Can you see my gardening helper in the freshly mulched bed..under the Encore azalea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7362[/ATTACH]

MissTreated 04-26-2008 03:00 PM

AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG! That is so wonderful, but after getting about 18" of snow in the last 36 hours, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo evious!!!! Hosta is my favorite and you have hosta up!!!! I hope my little primroses who were poking their little heads up don't die under our whit stuff!!!

Enjoy your flowers and thanks for sharing your spring...(sigh)

M

MissTreated 04-26-2008 03:01 PM

I was so hung up on the hosta and azalea I didn't even notice the cat in the picture!
:D
M

sandpat 04-26-2008 03:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more.. they include my veggie garden. It doesn't look like much now, but you just wait...I have tomatoes, bi-color corn (yummy!!) okra, zucchini, yellow squash, red, yellow & green bell peppers, cucumbers, basil and cilantro....can't wait!!!! :lol: :lol: If it is like last summer...if you park your car near me..you better lock your doors unless you want me to sneak some veggies in there when you aren't looking!!

Slim guarding the garden..crows already broke off 2 tomatoe plants..GRRRR
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7610[/ATTACH]

The wygelia is loaded with blooms
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7611[/ATTACH]

Another friend is helping me out today..can you find it? My camera isn't too great at the macro stuff
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7662[/ATTACH]

MissTreated 04-26-2008 03:11 PM

I like Slim! Great pictures, and lots of inspiration. I'm limiting myself to flowers this year. I wish I did live near you. I'd happily leave my windows open and you could toss in all the veggies you wanted!! :D

M

Chele 04-26-2008 03:17 PM

Beautiful flowers! I would love having a big garden like that! It's going to be good eating at your house this summer!

sandpat 04-26-2008 03:54 PM

Yep, I wish you lived near me too MissT!

And thank you Chele..come on over and share the bounty!

My veggie garden just looks big in the pic...we have greatly downsized..thank goodness..it was that or I told DH I was retiring altogether from veggies..waaaaaay tooooo much work. Now we basically plant only what we can't buy at the store (well, not as good anyway). We have given up trying to give things away...these lazy people want you to do everything but eat it for them :evil: ...I'm nice, but......

beachlady 04-26-2008 04:17 PM

Beautiful gardens. Not much up here yet, especially on the coast. Soon I hope.

Izy 04-26-2008 05:03 PM

Beautiful, you can't beat the taste of homegrown veggies though, I used to have an allotment for a few years back in the U.K. loved it!! :D

#1piecemaker 04-26-2008 05:11 PM

The iris's are just gorgeous. They are one of my favorite flowers. Right up there with roses and gardenias. The garden is looking good. Mine is coming up pretty good except fo the potatoes. We have had so much rain that I think a lot of them have rotted in the ground. Tomatoes and purple hull peas are looking good though. And maybe just maybe if I can beat the squirrels to them I will get strawberries next week. :lol: