Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Hi everyone here are some pics as promised (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hi-everyone-here-some-pics-promised-t1328.html)

Rebecca Chambley 06-29-2007 03:02 AM

Wonderful,Beautiful. They would'nt leave me. Thanks for sharing. They are really very beautiful, Take a bow.
And Patrice, your advice or wisdom, on the quilting, was wonderful. I'll have to try that. Thanks,

kathy 06-29-2007 03:14 AM

Shelly, I just love your quilts, I tried one of tumbling blocks (paper piece) and it was looking terrible so I quit but yours almost makes me want to try again, is yours Y seams or PP? Again, beautiful quilts, and the first one with the cheap fab. looks very old fashioned, like the ones my mom used to make. Love 'em all.
kathy

ShellyQ 06-29-2007 03:37 AM

No Kathy it is machine pieced, looks alot more complicated than it is. Is a 60 degree tiangle divided in two. The trick is in the careful use of colour placement. I will see if I can use word to post a diagramme not sure if it will work but will try :) I used a drk, med & lgt in each colourway. Thanks so much for the lovely complements.

ShellyQ 06-29-2007 03:42 AM

Thanks Patrice, like your idea :) , will give it some thought, would like to get this finished it has been sitting so long, have been worried about drowning the design with the wrong quilting

bj9patch 06-29-2007 04:07 AM

OMG! Your quilts are gorgeous. Thank you so much. I just got to work and was dragging. Looking at your quilts were the lift I needed so I can get through today.

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming! BJ/NYC

ShellyQ 06-29-2007 04:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Kathy :) Here is the diagramme for the building blocks. It worked, did it in word then saved as JPeg file.

Each block is made of 6 divided 60 degree triangles. The blocks are left in 2 halves untill assembling the quilt. Arrange blocks to suit, join half blocks end to end to make stips then join strips, voila quilt done and no inset seams :) Hope the diagramme helps.

Thanks everyone for enjoying my quilts, I love to see other peoples work too.

PS This is just a rough drawing please don't try to use as a pattern as it is not accurate enough, and I would hate anybodies quilt to be ruined.

sarah222 06-29-2007 05:44 AM

just loved your quilts. but i especially loved your first one.

ceannastahr 06-29-2007 06:13 AM

My DH doesn't say much about quilts and usualy if I make him look at a pic he say "yea OK" well he saw your buliding blocks and I never heard so much come out of his mouth he loves it. Where can I find the pattern I would like to make it for him. Seeing its the only one hes ever show any real intrest in. Must be blocks are a guy thing there not girly looking as granson would say.

Thanks Ceanna

ceannastahr 06-29-2007 06:14 AM

Sorry didn't see the diagram till after I posted thank you

Yvonne 06-29-2007 07:06 AM

Shelly,
Your quilts have left me speechless. They are beautiful and such a wide variety of styles. You are very talented! (but you knew that right?!!)
Thank you for the diagram of the blocks quilts. I downloaded your picture of the tumbling blocks quilt just so I could play twisting and turning the picture. What fun!
And the hexagons... WOW! I've always wanted to make a Grandmother's flower garden. I've not seen the baskets before. They are beautiful.
Looking forward to your next 'quilt show' here.