Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Holiday projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/holiday-projects-t172215.html)

newestnana 12-16-2011 08:53 AM

Holiday projects

9 Attachment(s)
Here are some holiday projects I've completed.

One is a Grinch rag quilt made for my DDIL... I think I used all the Grinch flannels in the line. Kinda busy LOL. I used plain white flannel for the batting and made a pillow out of the scraps.

The bargello table runner was started two years ago, completed last year minus the holly (machine) applique. Some projects seem to be done in stages...

Made a couple of little bowls out of festive fabrics -- gifted with a bag of red and green m&m's.

Last December I won the block of the month drawing at my guild...six 6-inch blocks in red/green/white. The red and green fabrics were from the stash of those who made them (so they vary). I put them together into two pillows for DDIL (who loves Christmas). Stippled/meandered the quilted side.

I had purchased a construction panel for by DGS and made a floor quilt for him to run his little cars and trucks around. The effort was in quilting it -- great practice in FMQ. Pebbled the roadways, etc.

AnnieF 12-16-2011 09:32 AM

Love your items. I didn't know that there was so much Grinch fabric. You did a great job incorporating them into the quilt pattern. I am considering doing the floor quilt for my DGS next year. He's only 1 year old and the truck gets driven but not really in any pattern yet....so it's on my bucket list.

Mariposa 12-16-2011 09:37 AM

Such a neat variety of projects!! Nicely done!

fxsts93kf 12-16-2011 09:41 AM

Wow you have been busy! Your family is going to love their gifts! I really like the bowls and have been thinking about making some. I like how you tacked down the sides. Merry Christmas!

MaryMo 12-16-2011 09:45 AM

Beautiful work, especially on the grinch quilt and floor quilt. Thinking about doing a similar floor quilt that folds into a bag for holding cars and trucks for easy storage until needed. Thank you for sharing!

newestnana 12-16-2011 10:36 AM

I get my Dr Seuss fabrics at fabric.com. It's made by Robert Kauffman and is such good quality. Watch for coupons to get a discount at fabric.com (or just google to find them). Used my Accuquilt Go! cutter for the rag squares.

newestnana 12-16-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by fxsts93kf (Post 4786327)
Wow you have been busy! Your family is going to love their gifts! I really like the bowls and have been thinking about making some. I like how you tacked down the sides. Merry Christmas!

Oops...these pictures don't show it but there's actually a little button tacking down each side.

stichinluvr 12-16-2011 10:41 AM

Love all of your items. You've certainly been busy!

red-warrior 12-16-2011 10:43 AM

Wow really nice assortment for Christmas!!!! Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas and keep those beautiful quilts
coming on the board for next year!

crafty pat 12-16-2011 10:45 AM

Very pretty. Love your work.