Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Houston Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/houston-quilt-show-t205211.html)

fleurdelisquilts.com 11-05-2012 04:29 PM

Houston Quilt Show

10 Attachment(s)
I hope that I don't get into trouble for posting photos of the Houston show. We spent all of Saturday there and I took, literally, hundreds of photos. Some are pretty bad because there were so many people it was difficult to get close enough to snap pics and I got pushed a few times. A couple of sections had "No Photography" signs which I honored, but for the most part I was allowed to snap as many as I wanted.

Yesterday while looking through and trying to organize the photos to post on my blog, I discovered that some were missing. It turns out that my camera just sets up a folder and puts the pictures there. When that's full (I assume) it sets up another folder and goes to work. Once I figured that out, it was easy to find the photos. Is it not amazing what electronics can do these days? Who knew? Oh, and don't think I have an expensive, fancy camera....just a simple point and shoot is about all I can handle.

Hope you enjoy these. I'll try to get back in a few days and add some more. It takes lots more time because we have to load them one at a time, but I'll do my best. If anyone else has photos from Houston and wants to add them here, please do. I'd love to see other perspectives of the quilts (and won't have to add mine later, heh heh).
Mary

coachmatthewsvhs 11-05-2012 04:59 PM

WOW!!! These are spectacular!! Curious about the ape, or gorilla ..... is he whole cloth and stitched?

fleurdelisquilts.com 11-05-2012 05:05 PM

The gorilla is whole cloth with thread play to give him hair and dimension, I think. I didn't spend enough time reading about the quilts. I can tell you that all of these quilts were big winners.....$5,000 or more. Unfortunately getting a picture of the information was almost impossible. The winning quilters were showing their quilts, and big groups of people where hanging around talking to them. I was one of those, so I'm not being ugly about the crowds. It was just difficult to get to the front and I wasn't in an elbowing mood :-)

QuiltnNan 11-05-2012 06:37 PM

thanks for sharing these pics

jojosnana 11-05-2012 06:40 PM

Wow thanks for taking the time to share these beauties with us.

Diane007 11-05-2012 07:13 PM

wow very nice

GreatStarter 11-05-2012 07:21 PM

I just cant imagine the talent. Thanks for posting some pictures for those of us who will never have a chance to attend a big show. Especially Houston.

Kat

earthwalker 11-05-2012 07:26 PM

Thanks for posting these. Gosh, there are some talented quilters....the ideas and techniques are just amazing. Always inspiring, but on a blah day, I am pleased to sew a straight seam, let alone create a masterpiece:).

heather1949 11-05-2012 07:31 PM

wow thank you for the chance to see some.

fleurdelisquilts.com 11-06-2012 02:58 PM

More pics from Houston

9 Attachment(s)
I really don't know which photos I'm adding. I just grabbed a few and uploaded them. It doesn't matter what I choose, every quilt was stunning and every pic is pretty bad. I must be the absolute worst photographer ever! But hey, I don't really need to be good at that....my sister is fantastic and my niece is pretty good, too. Too bad neither one was at the show. Hope you enjoy these.
Mary