Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How to cool off in the summer - make snowmen!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-cool-off-summer-make-snowmen-t142427.html)

Yarn or Fabric 08-03-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
About a year and a half ago a friend of mine and I cut out the pieces for this table runner. It's by Pam Bono and it is called Snowmen are Just a Bunch of Flakes. I learned that next time I do something like that to make sure I label the pieces :D It was a little challenging to sort it all out but I just picked up a piece of white and then dove in. It worked out in the end.

I still have to do the snowflake blocks that are suppose to go over the snowman's head. This was suppose to be for a table runner but I'm going to make 2 wall quilts instead. I don't have many tables to put that kind of stuff on.

I had to share my in progress pics :) I'm really happy with the way they are coming out. I got all but 2 points. I was tempted to go back and fix my two little boo boos but figured that life isn't perfect and I shouldn't be either. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

Oh and if I make it again I will not use the same colors... My snowmen are looking a bit patriotic. We didn't think of that when we were making it. We were just picking out colors that we felt looked nice together. I'll add some holly leaf appliques to tone down the red white and blue. It's also going to have a green border which should also help a bit ;)

quilting Carol 08-03-2011 04:02 PM

Was it a pattern or book? to cute.

Yarn or Fabric 08-03-2011 04:10 PM

It was a pattern. It used to be available on her site but now that she's doing a member club of some sort I didn't see it when I went to link it. I did find it online at other places though. I bought a few of her patterns and haven't finished them yet. I am slowly working on them now... slowly...

alikat110 08-03-2011 04:20 PM

When you do a search on the pattern name, it pulls up and cost is $14.95.

sewgull 08-03-2011 04:50 PM

Cool idea

blueangel 08-03-2011 05:52 PM

Cute

Tartan 08-03-2011 06:11 PM

I think they are adorable. So they are red, white and blue, put little removable flags on the arms for July forth and you can used it winter and summer! :-D

debcavan 08-03-2011 06:12 PM

They are darling and you are right they will make you feel cooler.

debcavan 08-03-2011 06:12 PM

They are darling and you are right they will make you feel cooler.

Yarn or Fabric 08-04-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
When you do a search on the pattern name, it pulls up and cost is $14.95.

Yeah, it was a pretty expensive pattern but if I remember right, it was on sale. I got a few at that time. They must have really struck me that's for sure.

I'm hoping to kick out all of my ufo's before we move in to the new house. I'd like to not bring any baggage with me if you know what I mean lol. I do not have many ufo's so it's a possibility.... None of them are really big deals so we'll see what happens between now and December.