Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How much do you sell your Bow Tucks for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-much-do-you-sell-your-bow-tucks-t138783.html)

blueangel 07-19-2011 04:15 PM

I think you are in the right price range.

Debbie B 07-19-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio
where is huber heights? I live in n.e. ohio. niles.

Huber Heights is just north of Dayton.

dltaylor 07-19-2011 04:47 PM

your prices sound right. that's what I see most sold for 15 is way too low,

hopetoquilt 07-19-2011 05:00 PM

I can only make quilts. I bought a similarly sized quilt to your larger one and paid $35. I love it and feel like I got my money's worth.

KatFish 07-19-2011 05:28 PM

I get $40 for the mini and $45 for the regular size.

Pam B 07-19-2011 05:47 PM

I think your prices are fine for a bazaar. I most certainly would NOT lower to what your friend is suggesting. If you are not going to profit, then what is the point of making/selling? Personally, I think you could still go up 10$ on each size.

In thinking about bazaars and craft shows...I am always willing to pay $$ for something that is well made...even when I say I could make it myself the real question is, would I ever make it. At holiday time, I am doing my Xmas shopping. When I go to a holiday bazaar I take cash with me. I make one circuit around to see what all there is to see then I go back and do my purchasing. That way I do not spend it early and wish I had saved for something else. Many people I know on a budget do the very same thing.

You may have some people who are interested in your bags but do not have the funds (at the moment). You might make up some business cards so people can contact you later when they realize that they really wish they had purchased a bag.

As for Vera Bradley bags...everyone carries them and most people do not think twice about their cost. I love making my bow-tucks bags (and carrying them) because they are one of a kind and I always get compliments on them. I do carry Vera bags, as well...in fact, I just purchased one of the brand-new fall line bags.

JanetM 07-19-2011 06:15 PM

I disagree with your friend. I think $30, and $40 are very reasonable prices for your Bow Tuck Bags. I don't think you will have any trouble selling them at that price. Honestly, I think you could get $40 and $60 for them. They look great :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

RedGarnet222 07-19-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
I disagree with your friend. I think $30, and $40 are very reasonable prices for your Bow Tuck Bags. I don't think you will have any trouble selling them at that price. Honestly, I think you could get $40 and $60 for them. They look great :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with these prices. There is way too much time and materials in these bags to let them go for less than that.

AUQuilter 07-19-2011 07:01 PM

I will second the motion on doing at least one Pro Team. Your choice - Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. Or if you get a lot of lookers, take orders with half down right then. I haven't made a Mini Bow Tuck yet but have the fabric with pattern in the queue for next month. If only I had designed the pattern...

Pricing??? I first thought your prices are right on but after thinking about it - I would go up $5-10 on mini and 15-20 on large. With fabric prices around $10 a yard - whether you buy at LQS or shop online paying postage - washing, ironing, ... go up a smidge.

I love the paisley one. Great job!

4EVERquilt 07-19-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
It cost about $20 in materials for me to make the mini Bow tuck, I charge $35.

So, your really only making $15 profit, all your time and labor? People who don't sew just don't know the work that goes into all of this.