Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How to Put These Together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-put-these-together-t106017.html)

Julianna 03-08-2011 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Quilting (and Problem Solving, and Laughter Loving) Friends,
These pieces were left overs from a quilting weekend. I couldn't see them discarded so brought them home. I have put them together so many ways and just can't decide on what pattern to make. I have the amount of each 5 inch square marked on them and some fabric of mine in the back that I think will also be good to use.
You are all so creative I know you'll have great ideas.
Thanks in advance :)

MadQuilter 03-08-2011 10:29 AM

I'd play on grid paper with color pencils to see how the patterns would work together. The colors are great.

ktbb 03-08-2011 10:32 AM

I wouldn't worry about a pattern, but pick one or two other fabrics that compliment all these to use as sashing and borders, then just put these in scattered thru-out the top for a scrappy looking quilt. Looks like the beige floral at the top is the only one not directly related to the others, but I'm guessing that there are colors in it that will coordinate, so another beige floral might work if the right colors are in it...or a beige/black/green/purple combo of some kind. In essence you're making new fabric.

You could also pick ones you like and put them together for a quilted sweatshirt...

fabrichore 03-08-2011 10:48 AM

Julianna, you are looking way to much into it if you cannot decide, just go for it....just lay it out and start sewing...I find if I look to deep into it it will not come out right but of course who am I...I love the colors and the beige floral would lighten it up a bit but other than that thought you have to do what you like,,,,and I am positive it will come out beautiful....GOOD LUCK...cannot wiat to see it done.. :thumbup:

pdcakm 03-08-2011 10:53 AM

cut them all into hst's along with the same number of the extra fabrics you show. throw them into a bag and start drawing them out two at a time. sew together the new squares, then sew those squares together. voila!! a top. add borders if it need to be larger.

gal288 03-08-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
cut them all into hst's along with the same number of the extra fabrics you show. throw them into a bag and start drawing them out two at a time. sew together the new squares, then sew those squares together. voila!! a top. add borders if it need to be larger.

Love this idea, will use it in the future too!

Jim's Gem 03-08-2011 02:05 PM

I love those colors, they are my favorits. Spread them over your design wall, or in my case living room carpet and have fun moving them all over the place.

Julianna 03-08-2011 08:11 PM

Thanks for all the ideas so far. :) I have the most squares of the prettiest fabric...lilac print in back, bit hard to see, so that will be my focus. I was thinking of maybe not using the black stripes and getting something else to lighten it up a bit. I have used graph paper in the past and that is much easier than crawling on the floor or sticking them to flannel.