Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How would you quilt this one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-would-you-quilt-one-t169175.html)

Debbr63 11-21-2011 05:37 AM

Beautiful quilt! Please post it again after it's quilted ...sorry don't have any suggestions.... Debbie

morforles 11-21-2011 06:28 AM

Beautiful! May I ask what is the pattern?
Leslie

cowpie2 11-21-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by morforles (Post 4705147)
Beautiful! May I ask what is the pattern?
Leslie

The pattern is called Crazy Curves. It came with the template I purchased. I did modify the pattern slightly. The plain blocks were actually suppose to be a 4 patch of 3" curves and I repeated the pattern to make it as wide and long as I wanted by adding a couple of extra rows (80"x90").

Lindsey 11-21-2011 06:59 AM

I am curious about hand quilting it also. ITS a batik and has a high thread count. I am wondering how easy it would be to hand quilt through batik.. Your quilt is beautiful..

cowpie2 11-21-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lindsey (Post 4705271)
I am curious about hand quilting it also. ITS a batik and has a high thread count. I am wondering how easy it would be to hand quilt through batik.. Your quilt is beautiful..

I'll be honest, I've never hand quilted on batik fabric so this will be a learning experience. I've heard that the high threadcount causes challenges, but I'm going to give it a whirl anyway. Maybe I'll sandwich a sample piece to try before I start the whole quilt?

QuiltnNan 11-21-2011 07:51 AM

wonderful quilt! sorry, no suggestions on the quilting

hperttula123 11-21-2011 08:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't hand quilt, I work on a long arm, but I've made quilts like yours before. Here is how I did them to help get you ideas. The first one I did years ago. The second pic is a newer quilt.
Can't wait to see how you decide to quilt this one. There really are many ways and no matter how you quilt it...it will be gorgeous!!!

cowpie2 11-21-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123 (Post 4705596)
I don't hand quilt, I work on a long arm, but I've made quilts like yours before. Here is how I did them to help get you ideas. The first one I did years ago. The second pic is a newer quilt.
Can't wait to see how you decide to quilt this one. There really are many ways and no matter how you quilt it...it will be gorgeous!!!

Beautiful work. The first one is stunning, though probably more detail than I want to take on, but the second one gives me great ideas! Thank you for sharing your work.

Jingle 11-21-2011 08:20 AM

I would do a large meandering stipple type thing all over, that is what I mostly do on all my quilts.

caliquocat 11-21-2011 08:34 AM

Beautiful batiks you've chosen for your quilt. The pattern is large enough to show them off nicely. Sorry, I am stumped as to how to quilt it.