Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How Would You Quilt This? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-would-you-quilt-t193427.html)

alfosa421 07-03-2012 05:41 AM

Quilt it like a bell or Christmas. Tree then just free motion. The rest to mimic the swirls of the fabric good luck

grammatjr 07-03-2012 09:46 AM

If you are just concerned about sagging, and not sure what to quilt - why not add some beadwork in the tree area? To imitate ornaments. Then, if concerned about outside the tree, maybe just some tiny single (hand) stitches, using thread to match the gold swirls, jut a tiny tie knot on the swirl itself, so the stitch would hide?

Tartan 07-03-2012 10:04 AM

Very pretty! I think I would SITD on the Christmas tree. I'd either trace a section of the swirls and maybe take it the the copier and enlarge it for a FMQ design or do an all over large meander. For some reason a large meander reads as no quilt pattern to my eyes. Of course wonderful sweeping swirls of feather would be pretty in the green areas but you would not be able to see the fabric as well.

feline fanatic 07-03-2012 10:46 AM

How confident are you in your quilting skills? I would mimic the swirly pattern in a larger scale.

Ps 150 07-03-2012 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5335972)
How confident are you in your quilting skills? I would mimic the swirly pattern in a larger scale.

LOL, I don't know if I'm THAT confident. Maybe in ten years or so. I'm definitely no "Charisma" quilter! Her work is super amazing. She could probably do all that, but I don't know if I'll ever be that good.

DebbE 07-04-2012 06:34 AM

I like the SITD for the boxes, either that or echo quilting the boxes. Either large swirls surrounding it (to soften the hard lines in the center), or go completely different and do snowflake designs in the background as the design in the middle (with the colors) is reminiscent of a Christmas tree to me.

GramaLaura 07-04-2012 06:57 AM

Love you quilt and the fabric!!! Maybe large swirl quilting would look nice....in dk green. Ask Charisma.....she will know :)

burchquilts 07-04-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Diane007 (Post 5334153)
the quilt show squares.. l would do curves.
Feathers or curves.

That's what I would suggest, too... mostly in the background part. I would do curls like are in the fabric (which, I agree, is beautiful!!!). Please post again when you get this little gem all done!

Helen S 07-04-2012 07:15 AM

I would SID the squares, maybe echo stitch inside each, and I think I'd follow the longer "stem" of the swirls in the green background fabric with the same color thread so as not to take away from the center focal point by getting too busy with the quilting. It's beautiful!

mim 07-04-2012 07:23 AM

It reminds me of a Christmas tree. It is lovely.

I might think of treating the design as if it were a tree and quilt with inverted Vs in the area of the "tree. Not sure what to do with the rest. It is a real puzzling thought.

Do let us know what you decide to do
Mim