Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   how would you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-would-you-t83761.html)

fidgety 12-18-2010 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for some ideas on how I should quilt this. Some of you may remember I posted this awhile back. It is my 10 minute block quilt for my FIL. I am at a loss on desings to use on this. I will FM this on my machine so be easy on me. lol.. thanks for any ideas. this will be the last christmas gift and I will be done.. thanks

fleurdelisquilts.com 12-18-2010 06:55 PM

I like this one. I think I'd play with the circle motif in some way to help make them more pronounced.

Maride 12-18-2010 06:59 PM

Your fabric choices is something I would have picked out. It lends itself great for some free hand quilting, but not stippling. I would do something like a feather wreath using the center of the block as the center or the wreath or something like that. Your quilting will show real good.

bjchad 12-18-2010 07:01 PM

How about spirals in the circles and just echo the diamonds about a quarter to a half inch inside the seam lines?

fidgety 12-18-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
Your fabric choices is something I would have picked out. It lends itself great for some free hand quilting, but not stippling. I would do something like a feather wreath using the center of the block as the center or the wreath or something like that. Your quilting will show real good.

oh no that is scarey as I am not good at those type of freehand designs. I do not have a long arm so this will be tough. lol.

nativetexan 12-18-2010 07:05 PM

you could mark circles around the inserted "diamond" with a marker or use a plastic Hera marker and follow the indentations it makes. then use the width of your presser foot to do another circle outside that one till you fill the blocks.
I did each square on mine with some FMQ sort of flower design. just something to fill them enough. I didn't stitch my diamonds down at all because some were only folded over to make 3D flying geese and some blks had none.
think on it and something will come to you. good luck.

stitchofclass2 12-19-2010 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am thinking that this pattern could be quick and easy and yet fill all areas. Just a thought

fidgety 12-19-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
I am thinking that this pattern could be quick and easy and yet fill all areas. Just a thought

That would have been a neat pattern. I already wuilted it tho darn it... I just did a circle motion on the bloaks and made a sort of feather design on the borders. It is a good thing my FIL is not the quilt police!!!!!!! lol. All in all it looks ok if you are looking at it 50 mph. lol.. Back to the binding... thanks all

Ditter43 12-19-2010 07:03 PM

I sure am wanting to see the finished quilt!! :D

fidgety 12-19-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I sure am wanting to see the finished quilt!! :D

it is definatley not good enough to post here.... I am not good at FMQ on my bernina. I need practice and templates with some chalk lines lol.