Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I am not buying lunch boxes for my kids any more....I am making them!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-am-not-buying-lunch-boxes-my-kids-any-more-i-am-making-them-t113010.html)

hperttula123 04-02-2011 05:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have a daughter that needs atleast 5 lunch boxes every year. We pack our own lunches, not only does it save money, but it is much healthier than the school lunches. So, anyways, she loses them, leaves them at school, leaves them on the bus...you name it, she has had that excuse. So I started playing around today and made a tote for my son out of canvas. I like how it turned out. Then I made it taller and made a flap over the top to make a lunch bag. I used insulbright in it too. So now I just have to make about 30 of these things so I'm good for a year or two...lol.

lucnh tote for my son
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178842[/ATTACH]

insulated lunch bag for my daughter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178844[/ATTACH]

isnthatodd 04-02-2011 05:50 PM

What a cute idea! Maybe she will hang on to them longer since they are so pretty.

quiltinggirl 04-02-2011 05:50 PM

How cool is this!! :)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-02-2011 05:53 PM

I like that idea a lot. Your bags are cute!!

Grandma58 04-02-2011 05:53 PM

Add name tags with your phone number or school room number
who knows you may be in the lunch bag business.
Love them!

Vanuatu Jill 04-02-2011 05:54 PM

Great! How about appliqueing their name/phone number on them in case they get lost again!! Or at least their room number/school name etc?

LovinMySoldier 04-02-2011 05:55 PM

Those are cute! Hopefully you don't get too bummed when she looses it. My brother was the same way. My mom gave up on him and made him use brown bags after he started loosing all of them :)

hperttula123 04-02-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma58
Add name tags with your phone number or school room number
who knows you may be in the lunch bag business.
Love them!

Lol, I don't need to be in the lunch bag business, but I would like the ones back that I made. I should put some "in case of lost..." tags on it so we can get them back.
Two years ago my mom made fleece hats for my two girls. We are down to two. I have no idea where they even went. I should embroider their names on EVERYTHING!!!!

grandma7 04-02-2011 06:01 PM

Wonderful idea! I've been thinking of making these type of bags for me to take my lunch in. I wondered about the insulating material. Thanks for the idea!

hperttula123 04-02-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Those are cute! Hopefully you don't get too bummed when she looses it. My brother was the same way. My mom gave up on him and made him use brown bags after he started loosing all of them :)

I don't get too bummed. She is a very forgetful kid with everything. I think if I make them with fabrics that I know she loves, maybe she won't forget them...if not, I have all the stuff to make more.