Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I did my home works after school... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-did-my-home-works-after-school-t98259.html)

BETTY62 02-09-2011 07:35 PM

Beautful work.

Quiltforme 02-10-2011 12:19 AM

This is the perfect reason why you should take classes. Your points are perfect I am so jealous You did an amazing job!!

helou 02-10-2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Do you think you may want to make a big quilt some day?

Originally Posted by quiltgrammyt2
Hopefully some day you will be ready to take your talent and make a bed size quilt you'll do great

It's coming... I think I started it 2 years ago using the same learning process, so it is VERY slow. I'll post the pictures today (I hope)

helou 02-12-2011 11:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is for the last sample block that I brought back from my class session. I started my homework at least a couple of years ago. I wanted to work around the drunkard's path made in class

We are re doing the basement family room and after it's done, I intend to add about 12 inches all round the quilt.
At first I thought I would make a quillow, but finally it is going to be for a electric twin bed.

I yet have to simmer some ideas as to how to add 12 inches and call it "done"
Your suggestions are very welcome
The only criteria is:
it has to be a "learning" block for me. Not too difficult and something I have not done yet" lollll

I wanted to try this block, as my mother had sewn a quilt with that pattern, before she got married in the '40
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155017[/ATTACH]

I kept adding with some other "learning" block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155018[/ATTACH]

then I tried some paper piecing and the fence...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155300[/ATTACH]

that is how it stands right now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155525[/ATTACH]

RIDGEFIELD 02-12-2011 03:57 PM

What a beautiful quilt!

helou 02-13-2011 04:16 AM

Thank you Ridgefield
I am starting to like it too ...lolll. Adding some borders helped the look. Being my learning sampler quilt, I had not been enthousiastic about the overall look yet I was mainly concerned about learning different blocks, method, learning to measure, measure and than cut et re-measure and than trim some more...

Now, I think it's going to be just fine on my twin bed that sit in the family room and is used more like a couch than a bed. I intend to make a cushion or two,,,

I really need to come up with some ideas about how I could add 12 inches more, all around with a new block or pattern to learn and in which color???

jeanharville 06-28-2012 05:54 AM

I really like the way you placed your colors. And your piecing is very good and precise. I wish I lived close to quilting classes, but I have enrolled in Craftsy quilting classes and that's the next best thing. Thanks so much for sharing your learning experience.

GramaLaura 06-28-2012 07:41 AM

I disagree.....your colors are wonderful together! Nice work.....keep going :)

helou 12-21-2013 04:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I posted the final result somewhere else. I am putting it here sort of closing up the "journey" of my first quilt loll
and I have to add that I made it reversible so I would have the opportunity to learn some more blocks and techniques and not having to sandwich and quilt two quilts loll (lazy I am, I guess)[ATTACH=CONFIG]452633[/ATTACH]

the other side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452634[/ATTACH]

lockesnest 12-21-2013 05:50 AM

Either you are a natural or you had a great teacher! Your points are perfect! Great work for a beginner.