Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I did my own private quilt show…sort of (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-did-my-own-private-quilt-show%85sort-t231957.html)

dilyn 10-07-2013 01:43 PM

I did actually give out a lot of cards and made some great contacts to start giving classes in my studio. I just printed them on my own computer and put my blog address on them.

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 6336265)
I hope you have some business cards to give out to folks. They are pretty cheap to make up yourself or even have printed. Put contact info on it because after the show is over people might decide they want something for a special gift or something. I had some made up when I retired with just some flowers on them and my contact info. Nice to pull one out when you are talking with someone you want to contact, or an old friend, or someone who has questions for you. I don't have a business, but I missed the cards I had when I was working, so it's good to have retirement cards, too.
I love your quilting and your display. Hang in there, and maybe the next show will pay off more. Maybe nearer to the holidays?

Jackie Spencer 10-07-2013 01:56 PM

Oh My Gosh your work is awesome!! Beautiful!! I love the table runner too!!

DJ 10-07-2013 02:02 PM

Oh my! I can see why you caused a traffic jam.

carolaug 10-07-2013 02:09 PM

Smart...It seems the way to make money in quilting is to be a teacher. Sounds like you made some good contacts and I bet a few will want to hire you to do the FMQ'ing.

QuiltnNan 10-07-2013 02:33 PM

a great show... and great quilting

tessagin 10-07-2013 02:50 PM

Soo many people go to these shows expecting garage and rummage sale prices! It's an "ART SHOW". Not always a "Starving Artist'. I remember when finger nail polish was spilled on my mother's "store bought" quilt. She mentioned it to neighbor who knew another neighbor who quilted and that gal fixed my mother's store bought quilt. The space was the size of a 12" block. It had matching shams. She took part of the one of the shams and repaired the quilt. She even fixed the sham with part of the other sham. People were appalled my mother paid $15.00 for the repair. The lady said it was too much! I can remember Mom telling her she just wanted her to know she appreciated her talent and work. It was hand-quilted and you had to look very closely to see where the damage was. You could only see it from the back and you had to look close there also. Your work is beautiful!

Tweety2911 10-07-2013 03:11 PM

Beautiful quilts, display and quilting!!! How wonderful of you to share some tips and the love of quilting to the attendees!

bepositive 10-07-2013 03:15 PM

WOW!!! Your display looks great and your quilts are GORGEOUS!!! :)

#1piecemaker 10-07-2013 03:15 PM

WOW!! You really out did yourself! Your quilts are terrific! Great thread work.

RV Quilter 10-07-2013 07:26 PM

Could you tell me the dimensions on your display racks. My husband and I have talked about making something similar and yours look quite nice. I would need them to come apart for storage. Thank you. Your display looks great, sorry your sales didn't show your work, but sounds like you promoted quilting in a great way.