Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I did it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-did-t27229.html)

mimee4 10-24-2009 06:08 AM

Very, very nice :D

Eddie 10-24-2009 06:28 AM

Wow, my daughter would love to have that - her room is done in pink, black, and white. Great job on it.

sdeaaz 10-25-2009 09:01 PM

I made one too. Isn't it heavy. I used mine for a while, but it was just too heavy to carry all the time. I use it now to carry quilting supplies to and from class and quilt group... not such long trips like shopping. It was fun. I like making coasters, bowls and other items out of clothesline, but don't think I will do another purse. Quilter 1234

tuesy 10-25-2009 09:23 PM

This is so pretty Dawn. You did such a good job on it!!

Hunnib 10-25-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:

I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.

Janstar 10-25-2009 09:52 PM

There's a great tute on here for making clothesline rugs. I found that really fun and I'm saving up more scrapes for another one.

sewnsewer2 10-26-2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hunnib

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:

I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.

Cool ideas, thanks!