Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I feel like I just gave birth to a giant baby! LOL! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-feel-like-i-just-gave-birth-giant-baby-lol-t20450.html)

MollieSue 05-23-2009 04:16 AM

Ethel - WOW!!!!! I love it, and am awed at the work you do!!! :D
Congratulations on the new house, when are you moving?

pocoellie 05-23-2009 04:20 AM

What a wonderful gift to yourself and a great job.

Ethel A 05-23-2009 04:30 AM

Thank you, everyone! We are moving in 2 1/2 weeks. We leave Nebraska on 10th June and should be in our new house on 12th June. We are going to move to the panhandle, and will be right next to the Gulf waters.

MollieSue 05-23-2009 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel A
Thank you, everyone! We are moving in 2 1/2 weeks. We leave Nebraska on 10th June and should be in our new house on 12th June. We are going to move to the panhandle, and will be right next to the Gulf waters.

Sounds so wonderful!! No more snow either! :wink:
Do you have a picture of your new place yet?
:-)

sandpat 05-23-2009 04:49 AM

60 hrs?????? Only 60 hours??? Wow...I thought it was fantastic and that it was appliqued....spectacular, then I read that it was all pieced!!! How in the heck???? Its lovely though, you did a great job and you will really enjoy that in your new house. You are moving to one of our "favorite" areas! Show us pics when you get there and have a safe trip!!

sewjoyce 05-23-2009 04:55 AM

That's gorgeous!!!

Ethel A 05-23-2009 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer

Originally Posted by Ethel A

Sounds so wonderful!! No more snow either! :wink:
Do you have a picture of your new place yet?
:-)

I do! It's on my husband's laptop, though, and he's in training in California. LOL! There is a spot in the living room where this quilt will hang. I want a quilt in each room of the house, whether it's a wallhanging or a blanket, or something.

Ethel A 05-23-2009 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
60 hrs?????? Only 60 hours??? Wow...I thought it was fantastic and that it was appliqued....spectacular, then I read that it was all pieced!!! How in the heck???? Its lovely though, you did a great job and you will really enjoy that in your new house. You are moving to one of our "favorite" areas! Show us pics when you get there and have a safe trip!!

Is 60 hours not a lot? I thought it was taking me FOREVER! LOL! I worked on 2 buildings each night. The trees and fences took about three hours to do. Piecing the rail fence blocks and the 9-patches took about 3 - 5 hours. The most TEDIOUS part was putting together the rail fence blocks and 9-patch blocks. That took six hours. Then piecing together the center, the sashing, the rail fence blocks and then the row of houses..... that took up the rest. It was definitely a labor of love.

Shemjo 05-23-2009 05:58 AM

BEAUTIFUL quilt! I wish I kept track of how long a top takes! It sounds like a lot, but when you want something enough, it doesn't sound that bad! Looks llike lots of cutting! What a wonderful present to yourself, and I applaud your goal of a quilt in each room! You go girl! :lol:

Kyiav10 05-23-2009 06:20 AM

Beautiful work!!!

Kyia