Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished Baby Rainn's quilt!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-baby-rainns-quilt-t159294.html)

Sherryquilts 10-09-2011 06:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finished Baby Rainn's quilt and thought I would show all of you! For those who haven't read other threads about my grandson Rainn, he was born July 26th at 27 weeks 3 days and weighed 1 pound 4 ounces. He is now 10 weeks old and weighs as of yesterday 2 pounds 12 ounces. He is doing pretty well, after many ups and downs - but is now breastfeeding 2 times a day and doing very well, on Saturday he moved out of an isolette into a bassinette, which means he is doing well at breathing room air and holding his body temperature with out assistance. He really needs to get to 4 pounds before he can go home...and that is going slower than all of the other things he has to accomplish before he can go home, but we are now counting weeks to days to come home instead of months to weeks!

Actually - getting this quilt done is early for his due date, which is October 22...my 24 year old son (Rainn's uncle) helped me chose the fabric and cut the stencil for the letters on his Cricut (he's going to be a teacher so he got it for bulletin boards). Rainn's Mom and Dad hasn't seen the quilt yet...but I know they will love it because I made a tiny wall hanging from some of the fabric to hang in the NICU...and there were tears then.
The front is a panel that we added name, date, weight, length and pictures. The back is patches of minky, terry and flannel for texture. Now let's see if I can upload a couple of photos..

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268703[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268704[/ATTACH]

isnthatodd 10-09-2011 06:21 PM

I have been following Rainn's progress, and am glad to hear all the progress. And what a neat quilt!!!

sparkys_mom 10-09-2011 06:21 PM

Sweet quilt. Hope he is home in no time.

irishrose 10-09-2011 06:21 PM

That's adorable and perfect for Rainn. I'm encouraged to hear he is doing better.

lisainmo 10-09-2011 06:24 PM

Darling quilt Sherry...I am sure it will be loved!!

MamaBear61 10-09-2011 06:24 PM

That is so cute. I am glad to hear that your grandson is making good progress and hopefully he will be home before long to cuddle with his new quilt.

Tropical 10-09-2011 06:25 PM

What an adorable quilt. I am sending prayers that Rainn gets to his going home weight very soon. :)

quilter2 10-09-2011 06:26 PM

OMG! That's wonderful that Rainn's doing so well, hope he continues to do so, keep us updated with how he's doing.
Your quilt is adorable, I'm sure the parents will love it as will Rainn when he's older.

auntpiggylpn 10-09-2011 06:27 PM

I too have been following your threads and I am so glad things are going well! The quilt is fantastic!

QUILTNMO 10-09-2011 06:27 PM

that is so darling love way you did it great job