Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished piecing my cute sewing machine wall hanging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-piecing-my-cute-sewing-machine-wall-hanging-t106615.html)

GGinMcKinney 03-11-2011 05:58 AM

Great wall hanging. I have fabrics & pattern for a sewing mannequin with thimble, jar of buttons, needle & thread. Received for Christmas. Not sewn yet. Going to dr. this am for right shoulder issues. Has prevented my sewing in 2011. Hope to get good news and a quick fix!
Your wall hanging really inspires me to get going again.

nabobw 03-11-2011 06:08 AM

cute

reginalovesfabric 03-11-2011 06:24 AM

I like it very good job

topper1 03-11-2011 06:27 AM

great...love it...i have a pattern similar..gonna do it oneday.....

Happy Treadler 03-11-2011 06:32 AM

Thanks everybody! I'd love to find more patterns with the 'sewing theme' for my 'woman room'. Plan on marking this one tonight and starting to hand quilt it. Can't wait to get it hung!

Teapots and Quilts 03-11-2011 06:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I guess I should REALLY wait to share until my wallhanging is actually totally finished, but it's just SEW cute I wanted to share now. :) Of course, being the 'quilting rebel' that I am, I never actually follow the pattern totally and just winged-it after the sewing machine blocks were done. It's a Debbie Mumm pattern.

I also included a picture of the machine I sewed it on, a 1920s Davis Vertical Feed treadle. LOVE it!!

I made the same wallhanging as my first ever project six years ago! I made it for a gift for my aunt who has given us several quilts over the years. Being my "first", it has lots of imperfections...but she was really tickled with it and still has it up in her sewing area at our lake cottage in Indiana.

Aunt Joyce...Christmas 2005
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149939[/ATTACH]

Wallhanging for Aunt Joyce
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150029[/ATTACH]

Happy Treadler 03-11-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Teapots and Quilts

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I guess I should REALLY wait to share until my wallhanging is actually totally finished, but it's just SEW cute I wanted to share now. :) Of course, being the 'quilting rebel' that I am, I never actually follow the pattern totally and just winged-it after the sewing machine blocks were done. It's a Debbie Mumm pattern.

I also included a picture of the machine I sewed it on, a 1920s Davis Vertical Feed treadle. LOVE it!!

I made the same wallhanging as my first ever project six years ago! I made it for a gift for my aunt who has given us several quilts over the years. Being my "first", it has lots of imperfections...but she was really tickled with it and still has it up in her sewing area at our lake cottage in Indiana.

WOW!! I LOVE it! I think you did a GREAT job. AND, you actually followed the directions, unlike me. ;)

Fabaddict 03-11-2011 06:43 AM

I have that wall hanging too. Have it in my sewing studio with all my show pins on it.

IBQUILTIN 03-11-2011 09:59 AM

sew cute

GGinMcKinney 03-11-2011 10:56 AM

I wondered what to do with show pins! The Dallas Quilt Show is this weekend. Hoping to attend tomorrow. Guess I will need a pin since I have fabric and pattern to make my sewing room wall hanging.
Learn something from every topic on this board it seams (seems).